Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Need to adjust arms tires wearing ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 08:33 PM
meinersk
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Need to adjust arms tires wearing ??

I have a 06 z06 and I put more spacers on the top part of the arms..There were like 3 already.I think I need more. Tires are wearing on the inside a lot more then outside..Is there an adjustment for the lower arms?? Or just load up upper arms to make wear better?
Old 10-30-2014, 09:07 PM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 178 Likes on 120 Posts

The stock alignment for the Z06 is pretty aggressive (more for track). Take it to a good alignment shop and tell them you want a less aggressive alignment and tell them the insides are wearing much faster than the outer. I believe it's the toe-in that needs to be adjusted.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:58 PM
flyby763
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There are eccentric bolts on the lower control arms to adjust camber.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:26 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Excessive toe will chew tires up quickly, much much faster than camber will.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Ludedude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phipp85
Excessive toe will chew tires up quickly, much much faster than camber will.
This. All day long.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Yes lower rear arms are adjustable. Take it in for an alignment, which is something all owners should do. It makes a huge difference.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:51 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

Originally Posted by meinersk
I have a 06 z06 and I put more spacers on the top part of the arms..There were like 3 already.I think I need more. Tires are wearing on the inside a lot more then outside..Is there an adjustment for the lower arms?? Or just load up upper arms to make wear better?
Did you adjust the toe after installing spacers behind the upper control arms? As soon as you installed those spacers that pushed the upper part of the knuckle outward. Since the knuckle is tied to the steering rack by the tie rod with the attachment point in front of the knuckle you increased toe in. If you had adjusted the lower control arm cams toward less camber you would have moved the lower part of the knuckle inward which would have increased toe out.

Bill
Old 11-01-2014, 11:52 AM
meinersk
Drifting

ty all. I will look again for a lower adjustment point too bring it in a bit as I changes my tires.I did look for a lower spot and didn't seen anything that I thought might bring it in..Can I put more spacers on the top? There are 3 already..I do like the tire sticking out of the well more then inside the well that's why I have 345 wide tires. They should pay you guys for your help to so many..
Old 11-02-2014, 10:17 AM
meinersk
Drifting

Bump
Old 11-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

Originally Posted by meinersk
ty all. I will look again for a lower adjustment point too bring it in a bit as I changes my tires.I did look for a lower spot and didn't seen anything that I thought might bring it in..Can I put more spacers on the top? There are 3 already..I do like the tire sticking out of the well more then inside the well that's why I have 345 wide tires. They should pay you guys for your help to so many..
I take it you are talking about the rear tires as you mention 345s. The lower control arm camber adjustment cam is located at the point where the front of the LCA attaches to the cradle. If you don't see a cam with a bolt through it at that location then it is possible somebody previously installed some fixed camber plates in place of the cam. As for the number of spacers at the top do you have bolts holding the UCAs in place or do you have studs with nuts?

Bill
Old 11-02-2014, 10:58 PM
meinersk
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I take it you are talking about the rear tires as you mention 345s. The lower control arm camber adjustment cam is located at the point where the front of the LCA attaches to the cradle. If you don't see a cam with a bolt through it at that location then it is possible somebody previously installed some fixed camber plates in place of the cam. As for the number of spacers at the top do you have bolts holding the UCAs in place or do you have studs with nuts?

Bill
Its a bolt that screws into the frame . about 3 inch long I think..4 in total..

Get notified of new replies

To Need to adjust arms tires wearing ??

Quick Reply: [Z06] Need to adjust arms tires wearing ??