Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Official St. Judes donation thread for Spintron Testing results

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 10:31 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Official St. Judes donation thread for Spintron Testing results

I see there are still a large number of folks who would like to see the spintron testing results. Ive combed over the forum and I don't believe they have been leaked yet, and I honestly don't believe they will be leaked. Ive taken a few weeks off from the forum drama but read through the latest "drama threads" to catch up. I get a lot of PMs asking for the results and I have obliged with a donation to St. Judes. Id like to make a thread here, in an effort to see if this can work in a more official way. If it gets out of hand Ill have the mods close it, and if the concept of donating for the results proves to not work Ill abandon the idea. So this is a proof of concept right now for those who want to see the results and/or feel left out of the original testing and want in. Keep in mind sharing the results after having donated will corrupt the process and negate any future donations. So please keep that in mind. This is for a good cause.

Rules:
$50+ donation to St. Judes

Results are to be kept for ones own use only and not shared

Please send me your forum handle in the email message (email is below) box along with the following sentence "I _________ agree to keep the data confidential"

Please keep thread on topic to donations only and and/or reporting of problems

LINK TO DONATE...this link allows you to donate directly to St Jude

http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/T...al&fr_id=23211

Lets see if this can work.

Once a donation over $50 is made email me at lgraniero88@gmail.com and I'll send you the results!

Last edited by forg0tmypen; 12-20-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:47 AM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Good idea. Should be $50. You should have the Auction Admin handle it so the rules can be properly enforced by this forum.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:47 AM
BOTTLE FEDvette
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

This is a GREAT idea!
Old 11-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Vette @ 71
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
I see there are still a large number of folks who would like to see the spintron testing results. Ive combed over the forum and I don't believe they have been leaked yet, and I honestly don't believe they will be leaked. Ive taken a few weeks off from the forum drama but read through the latest "drama threads" to catch up. I get a lot of PMs asking for the results and I have obliged with a donation to St. Judes. Id like to make a thread here, in an effort to see if this can work in a more official way. If it gets out of hand Ill have the mods close it, and if the concept of donating for the results proves to not work Ill abandon the idea. So this is a proof of concept right now for those who want to see the results and/or feel left out of the original testing and want in. Keep in mind sharing the results after having donated will corrupt the process and negate any future donations. So please keep that in mind. This is for a good cause.

Rules:
$25+ donation to St. Judes

Results are to be kept for ones own use only and not shared

Please send me your forum handle in the paypal message box and ill list you here or designate "anonymous"

Please keep thread on topic to donations only and and reporting of problems

Paypal address to send donations:

spintrontestdonations@gmail.com

Once I receive a donation I will send it to St. Judes and you will receive an email with the results and a second forwarded email confirming the donation for the amount you sent.

Lets see if this can work.
I would recommend a statement like " I agree to keep the data confidential". Reason: Once the data get's out St. Judes donations will stop.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:08 AM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Vette @ 71
I would recommend a statement like " I agree to keep the data confidential". Reason: Once the data get's out St. Judes donations will stop.
This is why my recommendation would be to let the forum Admin Moderator handle it.

As well the donations should be open for a period of time and once that time has expired the auction of the data will be closed. Once closed and all payments processed the data will be distributed to those who donated. That along with the understanding that it is not to be posted publicly on this forum.

This would give something like 30 days of auction without the data being shared among one another in a group buy scenario. If its an instant buy one person will buy it and distribute it to many and you wont get many donations.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:11 AM
qwknuf6
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

PM sent
Old 11-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Coach62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Good way to handle it. I originally donated a lot more than $25 so if anyone gripes they don't have a leg to stand on.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:42 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by propain
This is why my recommendation would be to let the forum Admin Moderator handle it.

As well the donations should be open for a period of time and once that time has expired the auction of the data will be closed. Once closed and all payments processed the data will be distributed to those who donated. That along with the understanding that it is not to be posted publicly on this forum.

This would give something like 30 days of auction without the data being shared among one another in a group buy scenario. If its an instant buy one person will buy it and distribute it to many and you wont get many donations.

Just my opinion.
This is a good idea. I think if we do it this way, results wont get leaked and negate future donations. Dont know if we need to use a moderator for something like this. Never know whos side theyre on sometimes if you know what I mean...But Im up for discussion. I took the paypal email out of the 1st post till we come to a consensus.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:45 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Can i get any seconds on raising donation threshold to $50 from $25?

Seconds on a 30 day time frame until results are distributed?
Old 11-15-2014, 11:54 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Updated first post:

raised donation threshold
changed rules to a 30 day auction distribution method per propains idea.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:54 AM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

This is a good idea. I think if we do it this way, results wont get leaked and negate future donations. Dont know if we need to use a moderator for something like this. But Im up for discussion. I took the paypal email out of the 1st post till we come to a consensus.
Glad you agree.

The person I was suggesting to run it would be Pewter the Auction Admin. That moderator has handled St. Jude donations for a very long time. People who donated would get the donation text under their avatar as well, which is a nice thing to see our members having. I wasn't talking about the regular mods. Might be too much to ask of that moderator though.

But yes, I can see your point. If your up to it, you would be a great choice to run it as well.

Last edited by propain; 11-15-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,092 Likes on 576 Posts

Let's do it! It's a great idea forg0tmypen.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I already sent my PM and have the data - thanks for opening it up to others. Perhaps we can set a target value (ie $1500 raised) to justify opening it up after that.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:50 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Random84
I already sent my PM and have the data - thanks for opening it up to others. Perhaps we can set a target value (ie $1500 raised) to justify opening it up after that.
I thought to give it a time limit like Mar. (think winter mods)
Old 11-15-2014, 02:16 PM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Post deleted.

Last edited by MTIRC6Z; 11-15-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Undy
Safety Car

Gone, like a thief in the night...

Last edited by Undy; 11-15-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: For the good of the group.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Can i get any seconds on raising donation threshold to $50 from $25?

Seconds on a 30 day time frame until results are distributed?
I think March is a better date but if the consensus is 30 days then i'm game, I think in 30 days you might attract more people if it were $25 though

Get notified of new replies

To Official St. Judes donation thread for Spintron Testing results

Old 11-15-2014, 02:32 PM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Undy
Paul, Please... baiting the hook entices bites. It's something we really don't need in this thread.
You know what, I agree and now you've made wish I hadn't posted that...my apologises to Pen, you and others.

Cheers, Paul.

PS. Possibly you can edit your post to remove my baiting statement?

Last edited by MTIRC6Z; 11-15-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Undy
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MTIRC6Z
my apologises to Pen, you and others.

Cheers, Paul.
Class act Will do Paul...

Last edited by Undy; 11-15-2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: edit quote
Old 11-15-2014, 02:42 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Hope this comes to fruition.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Official St. Judes donation thread for Spintron Testing results