Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Going from a C6Z51 to a C6Z06

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 09:16 PM
djbojan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
I daily drove both.....my 2006 Z51, which I sold to get a 2008 Z06.

Now that the Z06 prices have dropped a bit, yes I would do the Z0 in a heartbeat. When I got my Z the prices were still a bit high and given some of the parts it goes through and how much I drove it.....I would have had more play money to mod the Z51 car more.

That being said I had a bit of modifications done to the Z51 (hood, wheels, headers, intake, exhaust, tires.....) and the Z06 was stock and still way faster of a car.

So take your pick, get something stock right out and it's quick....or go for a GS and mod the hell out of it. I will say if you are thinking of forced induction, the GS would be a better platform as the LS7 isn't going to be worth it to supercharge.

I was thinking of budgeting for about 35k and hopefully finding a 06/07. My goal would be to get the Z06 + headers/CAI/mild cam/tune..Im thinking this could walk a M, C63AMG..a Shelby or two
Old 11-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Mregor
Instructor

Originally Posted by djbojan
Hi Everyone,

I used to own a 2006 Z51 but sold it about 10 months ago, and yes i do miss it a bunch! I have been able to accomplish a lot of objectives that I set out after selling it and am now looking to potentially buy a z06 or a Grand Sport in the Spring time. The Z51 used to be my daily, but i have purchased a 1999 Camry with 55K miles so i will have that as my daily when i do have the chance to purchase another C6. I am not into having a garage queen but it will be nice having a primary car for trips to work and whenever i want to work on the Vette. For the guys/gals that have transitioned from a base to a z06 or Grand Sport, what is your feedback and is anyone here from NC that posts frequently?

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Bo
I went from a 2009 C6 to a 2009 Z06. Love the Z. Tires for the Z are more expensive.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:31 AM
JanCorvette
Instructor

The jump from a 06 Z51 to a same year Z06 is around 10K here. With that 10K you could argue that you slapped on a supercharger on the Z51 and be much faster than a Z06 and maybe a few bucks left to boot. I am aware that a stock z06 would be a better and more rounded car than a supercharged Z51, just wondering if any one had compared the two options better making the jump.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Going from a C6Z51 to a C6Z06