Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Two post lift question

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 09:55 AM
tankengine
Water Well Doctor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Two post lift question

Anyone have a depiction of recommended two post lifting points on the 2013 Z06 today?

I have a new Bend Pak 10000 lb two post asymmetric lift. I would like to lift it today and don't want to break anything. I can find out later at the local dealership. Just thought I would ask for a quick answer.

thanks,

tanknengine
Old 11-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

The lifting points are at the shipping slots in the frame. Two on each side with the front slot near the joint between the front fender and the door and the rear slot about 6 to 8 inches forward of the rear edge of the door. GM recommends using the so called lift pucks in the rear slots to avoid the issue of the lift pads damaging the fiberglass door surround/rocker panel. However, it all depends on the lift you have and the depth of the pads on the lift. Even though I use jacking pucks at all 4 locations I still have to use some extra spacers at all 4 points to keep the lift arms (not pads) from hitting the rockers/side skirts on my car when the lift is raised. I do this by adding a hockey puck between the jacking puck and the lift at each location.

You may find you need to drive the car up on wood blocks to get enough room to move the lift arms to get your spacers in place. I know there that with my car when the suspension is fully settled I have to remove the lift pads just to move the lift arms under the car. A lot of dealerships have the same issues with their lifts and keep boards around so they can get a Corvette high enough to get the lift set properly. A lot of times that is what causes damage to Vette rocker panels Vs not using a jacking puck.

Bill
Old 11-28-2014, 11:43 AM
tankengine
Water Well Doctor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
The lifting points are at the shipping slots in the frame. Two on each side with the front slot near the joint between the front fender and the door and the rear slot about 6 to 8 inches forward of the rear edge of the door. GM recommends using the so called lift pucks in the rear slots to avoid the issue of the lift pads damaging the fiberglass door surround/rocker panel. However, it all depends on the lift you have and the depth of the pads on the lift. Even though I use jacking pucks at all 4 locations I still have to use some extra spacers at all 4 points to keep the lift arms (not pads) from hitting the rockers/side skirts on my car when the lift is raised. I do this by adding a hockey puck between the jacking puck and the lift at each location.

You may find you need to drive the car up on wood blocks to get enough room to move the lift arms to get your spacers in place. I know there that with my car when the suspension is fully settled I have to remove the lift pads just to move the lift arms under the car. A lot of dealerships have the same issues with their lifts and keep boards around so they can get a Corvette high enough to get the lift set properly. A lot of times that is what causes damage to Vette rocker panels Vs not using a jacking puck.

Bill

Thank you Bill,

This is what I thought from looking under the car but without service manual info I thought It wise to ask first.

Get notified of new replies

To Two post lift question

Quick Reply: [Z06] Two post lift question