Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Removing interior parts to have wrapped, anyone know how?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Chevyfanaddict
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Removing interior parts to have wrapped, anyone know how?

I got some 3M cabon fiber vinyl wrap and i want to do some pieces of trim on the dash, steering wheel, and door panels but i dont how difficult its to remove these things???

On the steering wheel i just want to do the two plastics pieces on the spokes.

On the door panels i want to do the little silver pieces on the door open buttons and the plastic part around the door lock buttons and window buttons. Are those pieces even removable?

On the dash i just want to do the the two plastic pieces that flank the cluster where all the "info" buttons are

If any one can tell me how to remove these things or post a link for a how to that would be awesome! I already went out and bought a plastic trim removal tool set.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:03 PM
surfinva27
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did some 3m wrap a few months back, the only pieces you listed that i did are the ones on the doors. I took the did this by taking the door panels off. I cannot honestly remember if you HAD to take the door panels off for the window and door switches. The lock bezels i think you did. Either way, you can take the door panel off by removing 2 bolts on each side, then using the plastic tool around the edges. It sounds like you are breaking the panel while separating it, but your not. That is the advice i got when i did it, and it seemed true. It sounded like the panel was cracking but it was just the press in clips working their way out. Good luck, maybe someone else can chime in with me.

EDIT: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...oval-help.html

that will help with door panel removal, see bottom post.

Last edited by surfinva27; 12-21-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:04 PM
ttx350z
Drifting

Received 213 Likes on 177 Posts

My 2012 suede steering wheel bezels popped right off after removing the airbag cover. It was pretty much held on by double sided tape and little tabs under the airbag cover
Old 12-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Chevyfanaddict
Racer

How do you remove the airbag cover 350z?
Old 12-21-2014, 10:33 PM
ttx350z
Drifting

Received 213 Likes on 177 Posts

There's 2 small holes behind the steering wheel. Use a hex wrench or punch that fits the hole to push the spring. The cover will pop off if you push on the spring.
Name:  8LSc23l.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  408.7 KB
Old 12-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Chevyfanaddict
Racer

Gotcha, i just searched (imagine that) and found all the threads i need to remove the parts i want to do.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:49 AM
djfury05
Pro

I vote for hydro graphics instead of wrapping.. I wrapped some interior parts awhile back and it doesn't compare at all to properly done pieces in hydro. Hydro cost quite a bit more but you get what you pay for.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Chevyfanaddict
Racer

Yeah im homestly not a big fan of the look of hydro graphics, i think the wraps have a much more realistic look to them. Ive even been looking for an 06-07 silver radio bezel so i can wrap that as well cause i have the factory hydrocarbon bezel.

Get notified of new replies

To Removing interior parts to have wrapped, anyone know how?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Removing interior parts to have wrapped, anyone know how?