Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 Build help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 03:15 AM
HeadShot
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Z06 Build help!

Hello, I currently own a c6 Zr1 and was looking to purchase a c6 Z06 later down the road. I do not want to do anything with my zr1, I want to keep it stock.

But to get to my point, I have no experience in modding cars. I just know some of the names of performance parts like cams, headers etc. As for the future Z06, I was looking to upgrade it just a tad, nothing crazy. I want it cammed though because it sounds amazing.

Any suggestions on which parts I should get? Remember, I'm new and dont have much experience. I don't want to mess up my engine, so a little explanation would be appreciated.

Last edited by HeadShot; 12-22-2014 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:52 AM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by HeadShot
Hello, I currently own a c6 Zr1 and was looking to purchase a c6 Z06 later down the road. I do not want to do anything with my zr1, I want to keep it stock.

But to get to my point, I have no experience in modding cars. I just know some of the names of performance parts like cams, headers etc. As for the future Z06, I was looking to upgrade it just a tad, nothing crazy. I want it cammed though because it sounds amazing.

Any suggestions on which parts I should get? Remember, I'm new and dont have much experience. I don't want to mess up my engine, so a little explanation would be appreciated.
If you only know the names of some of the parts then it's safe to assume you won't be doing any of the work yourself. So then what you need is not parts but to research the local Corvette performance shops in your area for their reputation. Once you find one you're sure you can trust to do a good job go in there and discuss what you want and then get your check book out. Good luck with your project.

Last edited by meanjoe; 12-23-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:08 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Agreed

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Build help!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Build help!