Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] The official hate filled thread for 2015

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 10:55 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The official hate filled thread for 2015

How sad that after over 3300 post on Short Throws Thread, it has to be SHUT DOWN! Because of a few clowns who must have been bottle fed lead laced similac. I imagine that 90% of Yall don't even know who the man is who started that thread. That Dude has more character in his little finger than some of you will ever know. He gives his time and energy to help anyone become a better driver and to understand these Z06s. And some had to show no respect and ruin HIS thread. That is Bull-S-it people!!!!!!! SOOOOOooooo, for the folks who hate anything and everything about life love and the pursuit of happiness owning one of the most amazing cars ever built. You can now dump your thoughts HERE!!!! Mr ADMIN Dude, I have prepared myself for the hate filled post that may come. 1000 sit-ups a week.. So have at it. Its a damn shame to not see Mikes thread after over 200000 looks if memory serves me correct. See ya at Track Attack 2015 Mike....
Old 12-28-2014, 11:53 AM
qwknuf6
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DON T.
How sad that after over 3300 post on Short Throws Thread, it has to be SHUT DOWN! Because of a few clowns who must have been bottle fed lead laced similac. I imagine that 90% of Yall don't even know who the man is who started that thread. That Dude has more character in his little finger than some of you will ever know. He gives his time and energy to help anyone become a better driver and to understand these Z06s. And some had to show no respect and ruin HIS thread. That is Bull-S-it people!!!!!!! SOOOOOooooo, for the folks who hate anything and everything about life love and the pursuit of happiness owning one of the most amazing cars ever built. You can now dump your thoughts HERE!!!! Mr ADMIN Dude, I have prepared myself for the hate filled post that may come. 1000 sit-ups a week.. So have at it. Its a damn shame to not see Mikes thread after over 200000 looks if memory serves me correct. See ya at Track Attack 2015 Mike....
How about not letting the members causing trouble post in that thread any longer ? not locking the thread .
Old 12-28-2014, 12:08 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by qwknuf6
How about not letting the members causing trouble post in that thread any longer ? not locking the thread .
Old 12-28-2014, 12:51 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Hate hate hate hate. Lol!! I think its nice to have a hate thread!
Old 12-28-2014, 12:56 PM
stefuel
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

Couldn't they have at least left it up in the sticky land. If you weed through it there is a lot of good information. It's already off the first page on it's way to never never land. What a waste.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:12 PM
MarkC
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 321 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by stefuel
Couldn't they have at least left it up in the sticky land. If you weed through it there is a lot of good information. It's already off the first page on it's way to never never land. What a waste.
I agree, leave it locked and move it to a sticky. We are seeing new Z06 owners on this forum every week and they could use this important information.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:16 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Wasn't the last thread a hate thread? Sure did seem like it. Very low brow stuff going on in there, even by the standards of this forum it was a new low.

I appreciate Short-Throws thread and what he brought to this forum. He opened up a lot of eyes and laid the road work for the discovery of the real issue with the LS7. I am very thankful for his contribution. It led to many debates, some good, some bad, some ugly, that led to many conclusions and put to rest many paranoid delusions.

At the point it was locked it wasn't serving any use. I agree it could have been locked and left a sticky for all new members to see. But 170 pages is pretty daunting for anyone to sift through. Maybe a footnote thread could be created with all the pertinent information and then sticky and locked.

Less hate in 2015!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:25 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by propain
Wasn't the last thread a hate thread? Sure did seem like it. Very low brow stuff going on in there, even by the standards of this forum it was a new low.

I appreciate Short-Throws thread and what he brought to this forum. He opened up a lot of eyes and laid the road work for the discovery of the real issue with the LS7. I am very thankful for his contribution. It led to many debates, some good, some bad, some ugly, that led to many conclusions and put to rest many paranoid delusions.

At the point it was locked it wasn't serving any use. I agree it could have been locked and left a sticky for all new members to see. But 170 pages is pretty daunting for anyone to sift through. Maybe a footnote thread could be created with all the pertinent information and then sticky and locked.

Less hate in 2015!
It was time for that thread to be locked. I'd ask the original poster of this thread, just how long do you think it should have stayed up???? What, a millennium?

...At the point it was locked it wasn't serving any use
I agree with that.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 12-28-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:57 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
It was time for that thread to be locked. I'd ask the original poster of this thread, just how long do you think it should have stayed up???? What, a millennium?

I agree with that.

While we both agree it was no longer useful for some time now I would bet Savewave will open it back up soon after cleaning it up, once again. There is simply too much valuable information in it to keep it locked. The petty BS games and attacks however must stop.

A thread like Short-Throws is invaluable to new owners of the Z06. I personally hope its opened back up and returns to where it belongs in the sticky section in the interest of those members.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:29 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While we both agree it was no longer useful for some time now I would bet Savewave will open it back up soon after cleaning it up, once again. There is simply too much valuable information in it to keep it locked. The petty BS games and attacks however must stop.

A thread like Short-Throws is invaluable to new owners of the Z06. I personally hope its opened back up and returns to where it belongs in the sticky section in the interest of those members.
Well said, there is a library of information for future Z06 owners to glean info from.. Again-well said MR pain
Old 12-28-2014, 06:47 PM
stefuel
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

We all know what needs to be done to resolve the issue that was the esence of that thread. However, until we come to grips with the reality that there is more than one way to achieve that resolve there will always those that will insist that theirs is the only way. Keep an open mind. Look at all the options and choose what you feel is best for you. If someone asks for advice, make suggestions but try not to preach.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:53 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Because the car is now obsolete and the subject is basically dead in the sense that owners now are inclined to pick one route of management or another and go with it, if this thread does show up again as a sticky, it should be a locked sticky with no additional posts in it. Or better yet, allow one final summation, an epilogue of sorts, i.e. Hib's article, and then lock it down.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:58 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Well threads shouldn't be kept open or closed based on who started them. I think thats irrelevant. No disrespect to Short-Throw.

I think the Mods need to start throwing guys off the Forum that can't communicate their ideas without insulting, bashing or calling fellow members names. Its pretty easy to see the members who feel they are free to do this.

DH
Old 12-28-2014, 07:42 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Because the car is now obsolete and the subject is basically dead in the sense that owners now are inclined to pick one route of management or another and go with it, if this thread does show up again as a sticky, it should be a locked sticky with no additional posts in it. Or better yet, allow one final summation, an epilogue of sorts, i.e. Hib's article, and then lock it down.

No I think we can do without Hibs article since it was exactly the reason the thread got locked.

The Z06 (Car) is nowhere near obsolete. I cant imagine how you came to that conclusion. 2018 and you could start thinking about going down that road.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

No I think we can do without Hibs article since it was exactly the reason the thread got locked.
I have to disagree with this statement. Hibs article was not the reason the thread was closed. The reason was clearly the way some members act towards others as was stated by Savewave.

DH
Old 12-28-2014, 08:36 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
I have to disagree with this statement. Hibs article was not the reason the thread was closed. The reason was clearly the way some members act towards others as was stated by Savewave.

DH

All had to do with the Article and questionable behavior from the author. Remove the article and the behavior and the thread would still be open.

By the way I believe we were told to stop sniping at one another. Maybe you should just stop quoting me as that would better facilitate that request as I would have nothing to reply to you about.

Last edited by propain; 12-28-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Someone should send a request to the administrators requesting it remain in the sticky threads even if it's closed.

Get notified of new replies

To The official hate filled thread for 2015

Old 12-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

All had to do with the Article and questionable behavior from the author. Remove the article and the behavior and the thread would still be open.

By the way I believe we were told to stop sniping at one another. Maybe you should just stop quoting me as that would better facilitate that request as I would have nothing to reply to you about.
Well I do not think I was snipping at all or I would not have posted this because you are right about the warning. I did not interpret that warning as preventing us from conversing at all.

I see no reason we cannot have a differnce of opinion as we do on this point without it being cause for banning.

If you do not agree with me on this then I will remove my reply to you. But I would still post the same remark because that is my opinion on this point. Let me know

DH
Old 12-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Bad_AX

Someone should send a request to the administrators requesting it remain in the sticky threads even if it's closed.
Anyone can make this request. No one seems opposed. So why don't you do the honors

DH
Old 12-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

just lock it & leave it if necessary...plenty of valuable information in there.

Quick Reply: [Z06] The official hate filled thread for 2015