Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken
View Poll Results: Which Vendor?
WCCH
52.48%
American Heritage
48.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

[Z06] WCCH v American Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Default WCCH v American Heritage

Which one did you go with, more importantly, why?
Old 01-14-2015, 11:41 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Maligator

You can't really say too much about WCCH in here, as they are a non forum vendor.

However be advised that they do much of the cylinder head work for Katech, and have probably done more LS7 cylinder head rebuilds than any other outfit in the country, and that might influence your own decision.

Good luck.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:42 AM
BOO666
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Neither .......... FRH !
Old 01-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
You can't really say too much about WCCH in here, as they are a non forum vendor.

However be advised that they do much of the cylinder head work for Katech, and have probably done more LS7 cylinder head rebuilds than any other outfit in the country, and that might influence your own decision.

Good luck.
Thats ghey, but thanks!
Old 01-14-2015, 12:12 PM
carpe dm
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Old 01-14-2015, 12:25 PM
[Cerberus]
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I expect this pole to be very lopsided based on what I see.

I am doing the same research, so I am going to see how this plays out.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:32 PM
ConfusedGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Years ago (~15k) I had WCCH do my heads with the katech formula, bronze guides, new OEM exhaust valves, Katech ti mo intakes, ti retainers, and psi springs (also milled .030 and had a port and polish done). Has been great and held 546 rwhp for years of commuting, drag, track, dyno and street pulls. I imagine had I used AH I would have had the same experience.

Decide what you want done, price them both out along with how long it will take each to turn around and get back to you. Something to note, AH is a sponsor on here and WCCH is not. I would probably use AH if I did it again as they support the folks on this very forum.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:38 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

You can't go wrong with either place, I lean towards Kohle because he uses harder p.m. guides and lightweight components and he hand ports his heads but again they're both great guys to work with.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:06 PM
MyLS1Hauls
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

For all the money WCCH has made from this site, I can't believe that they refuse to become an actual sponsor.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Z06_1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MyLS1Hauls
For all the money WCCH has made from this site, I can't believe that they refuse to become an actual sponsor.
With constant bombardment of posts from "the usual suspects" (already present in this new-born thread), why in the world would WCCH bother to spend the money - nothing beats free!
Old 01-14-2015, 02:42 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06_1
With constant bombardment of posts from "the usual suspects" (already present in this new-born thread), why in the world would WCCH bother to spend the money - nothing beats free!
When WCCH is constantly busy working in machine shop, why come on here to acknowledge all the engineering and mechanical expertise (satire) on this forum! Most people have already made up there minds anyway on the solution that meets the needs of there thought process...
Old 01-14-2015, 03:44 PM
AZDANZ06
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 78 Posts

My Father in Law and I both went with American Heritage based upon my research and I did a lot of it before I pulled the trigger. Picking up both of our cars this Saturday.

I spoke with WCCH, American Heritage, and others on the phone before I chose which vendor, I recommend you do the same and you will probably go with American Heritage after you talk with Kohle.

I like the why behind how he does the heads, using harder PM Guides vs. softer Bronze (which Richard from WCCH said he likes PM better than bronze, but cannot source them), the Ferrea Valves which combined with the PSI Springs & Titanium Retainers keep the weight similar to the stock exhaust valve setup. I think the heavy Stainless Steel Valves that WCCH uses is way too heavy for the valve train in my opinion. American Heritage uses quality machines to do the guide work (Newen Contour BB and/or a Serdi 4.0), then bead blasting, re-surfacing the heads, just flat out quality work. He has been a Certified Machinist for 15 years, so he knows what he is doing and also has one of the best LS Mechanics Edwin working for him in the shop.

Read my review and others on the forum:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ce-review.html

Here are the pictures of both of our Z's heads that were just completed.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:20 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

WCCH is a great shop. They have done work for me on many of my applications. I disagree with the recommendation that WCCH suggests to address the LS7 head but I know more about them than AH. If I had to make a decisions between one or the other right now for my LS7 I would use WCCH and just tell them what I want done. Just like Katech does.

Last edited by propain; 01-14-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:23 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by propain
WCCH is a great shop. They have done work for me on many of my applications. I disagree with the recommendation that WCCH suggests to address the LS7 head but I know more about them than AH. If I had to make a decisions between one or the other right now I would use WCCH and just tell them what I want done. Just like Katech does.
propain,

What were the applications you used WCCH for if you don't mind me asking?

thanks,...
Old 01-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Maligator
Had my heads done by Richard at WCCH after I researched the other shops. He has a national reputation as the go to shop from motorcycles to full blown race cars. I'm pretty sure he has been doing heads for over 20 years and all he does is heads !!

I did a walk through pictorial of his shop a couple years back if you want to search this forum for it.

DH
Old 01-14-2015, 04:28 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by FSTFRC
propain,

What were the applications you used WCCH for if you don't mind me asking?

thanks,...

Just some other vehicles of mine. Feel free to PM me to discuss. I don't think this is the thread to discuss all my vehicles and their mods.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by propain
WCCH is a great shop. They have done work for me on many of my applications. I disagree with the recommendation that WCCH suggests to address the LS7 head but I know more about them than AH. If I had to make a decisions between one or the other right now for my LS7 I would use WCCH and just tell them what I want done. Just like Katech does.
I'm impressed with your integrity on this

DH

Get notified of new replies

To WCCH v American Heritage

Old 01-14-2015, 04:37 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
I'm impressed with your integrity on this

DH
As am I.

But perhaps the best point that he makes, is that Richard will set up your heads however way you like, i.e. to order.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:46 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

I have had nothing but good experiences with WCCH. Had about 20-25 sets of LS7 heads alone done there. Applications range from street to drag to road course. Main differences in those apps is cam design
Old 01-14-2015, 07:50 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by vertC6
You can't go wrong with either place, I lean towards Kohle because he uses harder p.m. guides and lightweight components and he hand ports his heads but again they're both great guys to work with.
Did the same thing and got them back a few weeks ago. Only had the exhaust side ported and just a clean up on the face. Adding a blower..

They look really good, time will tell if my choice was the right one. I have no worries.

Quick Reply: [Z06] WCCH v American Heritage