Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Clicking noise every time I drive!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 10:30 AM
Z06 Ron
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking noise every time I drive!

This noise started all of the sudden. 2008 Z06

Every time I drive as in putting torque to the car, there is a clicking noise coming from the rear tire area. Sounding like from just passenger side but coming from both sides maybe. If I am in first gear and hit the gas it clicks, drive normal nothing, but minute I give it any power, click. I could hit the gas and let off, then hit it again, and it clicks every time.

I read about having to grease the area in the back somewhere, but something has to be broke. It started all the sudden. Not getting louder, just the same click every time.

Also this part is weird. My driveway is a slight downward angle. I pulled the Ebrake, car in neutral and it did NOT move.. I gave it a slight push and it did a click noise, then started to roll... what is going on here!!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:36 AM
JWingo
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06 Ron
This noise started all of the sudden. 2008 Z06

Every time I drive as in putting torque to the car, there is a clicking noise coming from the rear tire area. Sounding like from just passenger side but coming from both sides maybe. If I am in first gear and hit the gas it clicks, drive normal nothing, but minute I give it any power, click. I could hit the gas and let off, then hit it again, and it clicks every time.

I read about having to grease the area in the back somewhere, but something has to be broke. It started all the sudden. Not getting louder, just the same click every time.

Also this part is weird. My driveway is a slight downward angle. I pulled the Ebrake, car in neutral and it did NOT move.. I gave it a slight push and it did a click noise, then started to roll... what is going on here!!

Not saying this is "all inclusive". However, I had almost the same issue. My cause? End links. Replaced all 4 with the newer design. Problem solved.

The part to be lubricated in the rear are the Tie rod ends.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Z06 Ron
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JWingo
Not saying this is "all inclusive". However, I had almost the same issue. My cause? End links. Replaced all 4 with the newer design. Problem solved.

The part to be lubricated in the rear are the Tie rod ends.

Thanks! I am also being told to re-torque the wheel axle nut?

Last edited by Z06 Ron; 01-18-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

End links or axle nut are the two most common causes of a rear end click.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:44 AM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[...] Also this part is weird. My driveway is a slight downward angle. I pulled the Ebrake, car in neutral and it did NOT move.. I gave it a slight push and it did a click noise, then started to roll... what is going on here!!
First, don't confuse two issues; the e-brake ain't much unless you really haul up on it.

For your clicking, check the tightness of your rear axle nuts. If one is loose you'll know it. Should be around 140 ft lbs. Could also be loose lug nuts.

Next remove one end of each sway bar end link and check for looseness/sloppiness. If any found, replace both. While under there check the two U clamps that fasten the sway bar to the frame for loose or missing bolts/nuts.

All common problems.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:49 AM
JWingo
Pro

Thanks! I am also being told to re-torque the wheel bearing nut?
That's good advice. Best of luck!

Old 01-18-2015, 10:50 AM
JWingo
Pro

Originally Posted by Mark2009
First, don't confuse two issues; the e-brake ain't much unless you really haul up on it.

For your clicking, check the tightness of your rear axle nuts. If one is loose you'll know it. Should be around 140 ft lbs. Could also be loose lug nuts.

Next remove one end of each sway bar end link and check for looseness/sloppiness. If any found, replace both. While under there check the two U clamps that fasten the sway bar to the frame for loose or missing bolts/nuts.

All common problems.

Get notified of new replies

To Clicking noise every time I drive!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Clicking noise every time I drive!