Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] push rod length question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 04:55 PM
zulatr
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default push rod length question

I just had my guides done, and decided to do a cam at the same time.

I've got my valve springs shimmed and the heads assembled, and on the car. The heads were machined to make up for the valve seats being reground - not for higher compression.

I have a EPS 226/224 .639/.639 166 LSA cam that was recommended by Pat G. I put Brian Tooley Racing 660 dual springs at Pat's recommendation, and also did the BRT trunion kit which is just like the comp cams but has a beefier snap ring - otherwise looks the same as I put in my LS6. Except the bolts were too long, not sure about that one, will call tomorrow.

I checked the lifter preload at TDC, and found about 2 1/4 turns - too much. Checked it again at intake full open (Exhaust/0pen - Inlet/Closed method), checking the exhaust, and it's right at zero.

does that make any sense?
not sure what's going on, thought it was a stock pushrod cam, if anything it should be on the tight side from the valves getting sunk in and the head being lightly milled.

I'll get a pushrod length checker, but how do I measure - TDC or the one valve open method?

thanks for the help on a Sunday afternoon...
Old 01-25-2015, 07:30 PM
djfury05
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I measure TDC just to make sure lifters are on base circle and verify length with dial calipers. Be sure to measure more than once on each valve.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:15 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Did you mean 226/234 116lsa? If you have it will you take a picture of the cam card and post it

Thanks
Old 01-26-2015, 06:46 AM
zulatr
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vertC6
Did you mean 226/234 116lsa? If you have it will you take a picture of the cam card and post it

Thanks
it's 226/244, typo on my part.
I'll get a picture up tonight.

Get notified of new replies

To push rod length question

Quick Reply: [Z06] push rod length question