Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Go Fast Ocala, Fl

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 07:24 PM
ZO6FL
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Go Fast Ocala, Fl

Got to go to the event on Sunday.
Impressive bunch of cars from Vengeance!
Old 01-27-2015, 01:19 AM
ZedNought6
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

If there was a 35th Anniversary Camaro there that took a poop for a bit with a tall goofy owner....that was my uncle.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:49 AM
ZO6FL
Racer

Originally Posted by ZedNought6
If there was a 35th Anniversary Camaro there that took a poop for a bit with a tall goofy owner....that was my uncle.
I remember seeing 1 come back from the big end on a roll back. Seems as though the Lambo's has the worst day. 2 off track excursions! 1 went for a swim!
Old 01-28-2015, 12:37 AM
ZedNought6
Racer

Originally Posted by ZO6FL
I remember seeing 1 come back from the big end on a roll back. Seems as though the Lambo's has the worst day. 2 off track excursions! 1 went for a swim!
Wonder if that is a case of too much money, not enough skill?

I missed this by a couple of weeks. I drove to FL for a quick vacation, my hometown is DeLand. I Let my uncle drive the Z and "test it out" when he came back his hands were shaking and he was eyeing the car like it was gonna bite him haha! Said he didn't want one, he'd kill himself. I only have 510Hp at the wheels!

Sounds like I missed a good time.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6FL
Got to go to the event on Sunday.
Impressive bunch of cars from Vengeance!

Thanks for the good words
Old 01-28-2015, 12:19 PM
ZO6FL
Racer

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Your welcome! Hoping to send you my Z in the near future!
Old 01-28-2015, 12:53 PM
truckplay
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

a buddy of mine took his GTI there and had a 148 mph blast . i told him about the events we have here every year and he took advantage of the fact that the drive from Orlando to Ocala was only 90 minutes. he told me that a Hellcat could barely reach 140 mph due to wheel spin. the video of the offroad lambo was funny.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:38 PM
rio95
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Looks like you guys were having some issues with the orange z06 and the black c6. Did they make some better runs on sat? What was the problem with the black c6?
Old 01-28-2015, 10:57 PM
ZedNought6
Racer

You guys also helped my uncle sort out his Camaro...He'll not be using a superchips programmer again... I keep telling to go and get his car tuned by a professional.

Thanks for helping him out of a Jam, he was really looking forward to running his car.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:58 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by truckplay
a buddy of mine took his GTI there and had a 148 mph blast . i told him about the events we have here every year and he took advantage of the fact that the drive from Orlando to Ocala was only 90 minutes. he told me that a Hellcat could barely reach 140 mph due to wheel spin. the video of the offroad lambo was funny.
Post said the hellcat went 152, which was faster than any stock c7z, so that is pretty damn good to me.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:46 AM
KLLRVET
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I wonder when the hellcat did 150, I only saw high 130's
Old 01-29-2015, 08:45 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

The thread in the c7z forum said it did 152, and several people saw that, and based off the power it makes and videos, that makes sense.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:08 AM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

c7 forum probably full of excuses today, lol downforce
Old 01-29-2015, 09:19 AM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wonder if that is a case of too much money, not enough skill?

I missed this by a couple of weeks. I drove to FL for a quick vacation, my hometown is DeLand. I Let my uncle drive the Z and "test it out" when he came back his hands were shaking and he was eyeing the car like it was gonna bite him haha! Said he didn't want one, he'd kill himself. I only have 510Hp at the wheels!

Sounds like I missed a good time.
You ever tried to drive 2000+ hp on a sketchy track...it ain't easy so before you start jumping to conclusions about driver skill, give it a try

I've known Olivier personally for years, he's a neighbour of mine, and while he does have boatloads of money he is also a very capable driver. His issue is that he's always willing to give ALL his effort at every event, while many wouldn't bother trying real hard when conditions are less than perfect.

Of course he does have enough money to not have to worry about things if/when they go wrong from leaning on them so hard, but no one who hasn't driven a car with 230 mph capability should be criticising his driving skill. Let's be clear here, the man does have skill and he brings such a positive and nice attitude to every event that no one should be criticising him for anything

Cheers, Paul.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:28 AM
BKH
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

He spoke to us Sunday morning at the Prestige tent when I was drooling over the big power Lambos. you are right, very nice outgoing fellow.

Originally Posted by MTIRC6Z
You ever tried to drive 2000+ hp on a sketchy track...it ain't easy so before you start jumping to conclusions about driver skill, give it a try

I've known Olivier personally for years, he's a neighbour of mine, and while he does have boatloads of money he is also a very capable driver. His issue is that he's always willing to give ALL his effort at every event, while many wouldn't bother trying real hard when conditions are less than perfect.

Of course he does have enough money to not have to worry about things if/when they go wrong from leaning on them so hard, but no one who hasn't driven a car with 230 mph capability should be criticising his driving skill. Let's be clear here, the man does have skill and he brings such a positive and nice attitude to every event that no one should be criticising him for anything

Cheers, Paul.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:28 AM
ZedNought6
Racer

Cheers, Paul.
Well, perhaps the concept of a question mark is beyond your ability to comprehend. But, there are plenty of people out there with lots 'o bucks and not enough sense (most of them I seem to work with), so the question was a valid one. Sorry you took offense to me proposing such an idea that your good pal could just possibly fall into that category. I don't know the guy, don't plan on it, and don't need to. Therefore I was not directly criticizing anybody. Nor do I give a darn how much cash the man has, does me no good unless he plans on writing a check to my favorite charity (which is me). Glad he was not injured, sorry if the car was. But go flame somebody else, you sound like the dudes girlfriend. Glad he has such a champion in you, but really calm the F* down!

Oh, and when you can drive a in a combat zone with bullets whizzing past you and your buddy bleeding to death next you...then you'll have my immediate respect...Not because you have money, or you have supposed mad driving skills.

Not Cheered, Adam
Old 01-29-2015, 11:58 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Cheers, Paul.
100% agree! I've met him and his wife several times and they are a class act group for sure. They also have one of the baddest trailers that I've ever seen at an event

Get notified of new replies

To Go Fast Ocala, Fl

Old 01-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Wulverine
Le Mans Master

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by reasonable suspicion
c7 forum probably full of excuses today, lol downforce
It would just get moved to Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale forum like everything else.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:46 AM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, perhaps the concept of a question mark is beyond your ability to comprehend. But, there are plenty of people out there with lots 'o bucks and not enough sense (most of them I seem to work with), so the question was a valid one. Sorry you took offense to me proposing such an idea that your good pal could just possibly fall into that category. I don't know the guy, don't plan on it, and don't need to. Therefore I was not directly criticizing anybody. Nor do I give a darn how much cash the man has, does me no good unless he plans on writing a check to my favorite charity (which is me). Glad he was not injured, sorry if the car was. But go flame somebody else, you sound like the dudes girlfriend. Glad he has such a champion in you, but really calm the F* down!

Oh, and when you can drive a in a combat zone with bullets whizzing past you and your buddy bleeding to death next you...then you'll have my immediate respect...Not because you have money, or you have supposed mad driving skills.

Not Cheered, Adam
You asked a question, I gave you an answer, so what's your problem

YOU made an ASSumption about a specific individual which I knew to be very wrong. You were corrected about that ASSumption and seem to be having difficulty handling it, that is your problem not mine, get over it! You prejudged a man based on a bunch of A$$holes you know, maybe it's time to keep better company.

And what the h*ll is all of this crap about giving money away, bullets flying, and guys bleeding to death...like dude, this is a car forum. And why the h*ll would I need or even want YOUR respect, like holy crap man, get a grip

BTW, IF I were concerned about getting your respect, would running into a burning building saving the lives of a mother and her twin baby daughters help???

And you think I need to "calm the f*ck down"...wow that's truly amazing

Cheers, Paul.

Last edited by MTIRC6Z; 01-30-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:10 PM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Was this a 1/2 mile event or a full mile?

I live in Ocala. Hopefully next time I can make it out there.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Go Fast Ocala, Fl