Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] SLP Loudmouths

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:02 PM
TwinTurboZ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Loudmouths

I really like the sound of the loudmouths on the c5 vettes. I was on Slp's website and they don't have a kit for the c6z. Has anyone done a custom setup with them? Do you guys think it would sound good? Any input would be appreciated. By the way I just joined this forum please don't hate on me.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:34 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinTurboZ
I really like the sound of the loudmouths on the c5 vettes. I was on Slp's website and they don't have a kit for the c6z. Has anyone done a custom setup with them? Do you guys think it would sound good? Any input would be appreciated. By the way I just joined this forum please don't hate on me.
I would tend to think the drone would be unbearable on a C6Z...especially if LT's were to be incorporated. What are your plans for the full exhaust system?
Old 01-28-2015, 12:54 PM
TwinTurboZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
I would tend to think the drone would be unbearable on a C6Z...especially if LT's were to be incorporated. What are your plans for the full exhaust system?
Well a catback is about all that's in the budget right now so I wouldn't be doing headers or anything else anytime soon
Old 01-28-2015, 06:29 PM
jp_tt_awd
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Are you referring to the loudmouth 1 or loudmouth 2? The loudmouth 1 is essentially a straight pipe, its just a hollow tube. The loud mouth 2 actually is a straight through resonator type muffler with packing in it. You could easily do a custom axle back exhaust with either, there is plenty of room. Just buy 3" loudmouths to match the 3" over axle pipes, buy some custom tips and have a custom muffler shop do it.
Either should sound good and not too crazy since your keeping the cats on.

-jp
Old 01-28-2015, 09:58 PM
markzeronine
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep. I'd just do the muffler mod (and I did) if you want a basically straight through exhaust with the bonus of keeping dual mode... and it's by far the cheapest option. I've got catless longtubes and xpipe so it's pretty damn loud (exactly what I wanted) and everything was done by myself minus the tune, help from a friend and the actual welding for cheaper than say a borla or corsa axle back. B&B bullets would probably get you where you want to be if you want a simple bolt on axle back though
Old 01-29-2015, 08:18 AM
TwinTurboZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jp_tt_awd
Are you referring to the loudmouth 1 or loudmouth 2? The loudmouth 1 is essentially a straight pipe, its just a hollow tube. The loud mouth 2 actually is a straight through resonator type muffler with packing in it. You could easily do a custom axle back exhaust with either, there is plenty of room. Just buy 3" loudmouths to match the 3" over axle pipes, buy some custom tips and have a custom muffler shop do it.
Either should sound good and not too crazy since your keeping the cats on.

-jp
I like the loudmouth 1. I think it won't be to terribly loud because of the stock headers and cats.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:21 AM
TwinTurboZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by markzeronine
Yep. I'd just do the muffler mod (and I did) if you want a basically straight through exhaust with the bonus of keeping dual mode... and it's by far the cheapest option. I've got catless longtubes and xpipe so it's pretty damn loud (exactly what I wanted) and everything was done by myself minus the tune, help from a friend and the actual welding for cheaper than say a borla or corsa axle back. B&B bullets would probably get you where you want to be if you want a simple bolt on axle back though
I have a buddy with a welding shop that can hook me up. Do you think it would sound OK with the stock cam since it's pretty much straight piped or do you think I should get a little bit more of an aggressive cam
Old 01-29-2015, 10:41 AM
markzeronine
Pro

You won't be disappointed either way. The ls7 has a deep enough rumble down low and screams up top even with a stock cam
Old 01-29-2015, 11:24 AM
TwinTurboZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by markzeronine
You won't be disappointed either way. The ls7 has a deep enough rumble down low and screams up top even with a stock cam
That's what I figured can't beat a 427
Old 01-29-2015, 12:06 PM
JonSnow
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

another option as someone mentioned is the B&B bullets, they are the new "loudmouth" of the ls7 world
Old 01-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Fifedogg
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I guess I'm the only one that thinks the LM1 sounds like crap. Tons of rasp and drone IMO.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:23 PM
TwinTurboZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fifedogg
I guess I'm the only one that thinks the LM1 sounds like crap. Tons of rasp and drone IMO.
It's the same as a straight pipe so it would be kinda raspy.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:25 AM
Arts89Iroc
Intermediate

Sorry to reply to an old post, but Im also looking at the SLP loudmouth exhaust. My question is can it be installed on my Z06?
Old 04-03-2019, 06:51 AM
68birdls1
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fifedogg
No sir, I totally agree with you
Old 04-03-2019, 07:05 AM
99Hawk262
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Arts89Iroc
Sorry to reply to an old post, but Im also looking at the SLP loudmouth exhaust. My question is can it be installed on my Z06?
Not without modification. As mentioned above, even though it may be a bit outdated, you could do a custom setup with bullets in your mid pipe, or cut out the mufflers and have them welded in there with some nice tips.

Get notified of new replies

To SLP Loudmouths

Quick Reply: [Z06] SLP Loudmouths