Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Traction Control Problem on C6Z

Old 01-29-2015, 10:16 PM
zo6style
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control Problem on C6Z

HELP
I have an issue where I can't keep the Traction Control OFF...When I turn off the computer ECM turns it back ON automatically. This happens even when I drive around I low speed without loading the car. ABS has been checked on all 4 wheels and is ok.

I'm clueless as to what's taking over.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:06 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,910 Likes on 5,325 Posts

ECM doesn't turn the traction control on. EBCM turns it on. The switch input goes to to the EBCM which then tells the EBCM TC has been turned on or off.

Do you have any warning lights on the IP? What do you mean the ABS has been checked on all 4 wheels and is OK? How was this done? Did somebody attach a scanner that could read ABS codes? OBDII scanners can't read those codes.

Bill
Old 01-30-2015, 07:44 AM
zo6style
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
ECM doesn't turn the traction control on. EBCM turns it on. The switch input goes to to the EBCM which then tells the EBCM TC has been turned on or off.

Do you have any warning lights on the IP? What do you mean the ABS has been checked on all 4 wheels and is OK? How was this done? Did somebody attach a scanner that could read ABS codes? OBDII scanners can't read those codes.

Bill
Yes the ABS was checked by the GM Scanner and all 4 are ok.
Not sure what IP is but, When we turn off TC it will come back on. When the car is on the Dyno or Street. On the dyno what it will do is activate the brakes and slow the car down hence we can't dyno tune. My tuner advised that he has tuned many c6z and has never seen such issue.

Thank You

Last edited by zo6style; 01-30-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Traction Control Problem on C6Z

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Traction Control Problem on C6Z