Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Rear trunk lid problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 02:32 AM
Chiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear trunk lid problem

Hello corvette nation ., I'm having a problem with the weather strip between the rear window and beginning of roof., the seal is instructing probably from rubbing with hatch when opening and closing ., does anybody know what I can do to repair or replace this seal?
Old 02-01-2015, 11:56 PM
spekterg35
Advanced

I'm having the same problem. In the colder months, it seems to get pretty bad.The weather stripping is actually folding under the rear glass when closed now. Hopefully someone has a permanent solution to this. Last time it happened, I pulled the weather strip to the proper position and placed a piece of masking tape around it (all the way around the seal and into the trunk area) and then closed the hatch on it. Left it like that for a couple days and then pulled the tape off. The seal was okay for a while after that.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:32 AM
Chiff
Instructor

Originally Posted by spekterg35
I'm having the same problem. In the colder months, it seems to get pretty bad.The weather stripping is actually folding under the rear glass when closed now. Hopefully someone has a permanent solution to this. Last time it happened, I pulled the weather strip to the proper position and placed a piece of masking tape around it (all the way around the seal and into the trunk area) and then closed the hatch on it. Left it like that for a couple days and then pulled the tape off. The seal was okay for a while after that.
Just tried 3m weather strip glue and it seems to be holding it just got a little messy so tried the best I could to apply as much as possible ., hopefully it holds for a while

Get notified of new replies

To Rear trunk lid problem

Quick Reply: [Z06] Rear trunk lid problem