Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 2007 Z06 build with HorsePowerAddicts, DE

Old 03-13-2015, 09:35 PM
avijay
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ratomicZ06
Update: Apparently WCCH is REAL busy .... they've had my heads for a LOOOOOOONG time, but shipped them out the other day, so in a week HPA should get them.

I was told the K501 cam is installed and just waiting on the heads to continue with putting it all back together. So.... another week and by next Friday...... I will get my car back!!!!

I actually miss that damned hunk of metal and frp. Can't wait to get it back with some good dyno results! and CLEAN it! I had to drive it up in road salt dust and was hating that, but I had to get it up there. When I get it home, I'm gonna wash the car and the undersides.

With any luck, I'll be driving the wheels off that car next weekend! Come on spring! It's been a record breaking cold winter here in MD.

Now I need to find some used rear wheels and slicks!
Can't wait for the results....
Old 03-14-2015, 07:56 AM
ratomicZ06
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by avijay
Can't wait for the results....
Well now, you should have had a chance to drive yours by now??? How is it?
Old 03-14-2015, 08:03 AM
avijay
Racer

Well now, you should have had a chance to drive yours by now??? How is it?

You're right, finally on the road, totally happy with it, pulls like a beast, idles perfectly, doesn't smell like gas b/c I opted to keep stock header manifolds, great drivability.

I have a feeling you'll be very happy once it finally gets back. I'll be curious to see your results b/c if I remember correctly you did go with LT's?
Old 03-14-2015, 08:11 AM
ratomicZ06
Pro

You're right, finally on the road, totally happy with it, pulls like a beast, idles perfectly, doesn't smell like gas b/c I opted to keep stock header manifolds, great drivability.

I have a feeling you'll be very happy once it finally gets back. I'll be curious to see your results b/c if I remember correctly you did go with LT's?
Thats awesome! I hope the fuel smell isnt an issue for those behind me!
Old 03-14-2015, 08:29 AM
avijay
Racer

Thats awesome! I hope the fuel smell isnt an issue for those behind me!
BTW, even with my not so huge Dyno numbers traction is an issue with my Nitto NT05R (345/30/19).

You're going to be pushing a good amount more than me, I've got to imagine.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:47 AM
ratomicZ06
Pro

BTW, even with my not so huge Dyno numbers traction is an issue with my Nitto NT05R (345/30/19).

You're going to be pushing a good amount more than me, I've got to imagine.
Funny you just said that bc I was just reading all the responses on "Z06 Tires". As I said earlier, looking for rear wheels and tires for track. I have the Mich PS2 on now and they would "just" kinda break loose in 3rd, but "loose" in lower gears on the street. The consensus was that the NT05 don't grip as well, so you are in agreement with them.

All this warm weather (rain ) and car talk has me nuts right now!! WANT MY CAR!
(Ive gotta get off here an' get a cold shower....) We will have to meet up some time this summer.... not that far away.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:22 PM
avijay
Racer

Default Teaser Vid

Weather was great today so went for a cruise, here's a teaser at idle before I headed out today, hopefully the link works.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:42 AM
ratomicZ06
Pro

Sweeeeeeeet! Sounds great! not too loud, until...... Bet you had a good day, weather was perfect for a ride, great color! Thanks for the inspiration.

I was waxing the hull sides of my boat getting it ready for splashing.
Picking my car up on Friday from HPA and its looking like rain, but you know what? I'm driving it home anyway... I want it back!!!!
Old 03-16-2015, 06:52 AM
avijay
Racer

Sweeeeeeeet! Sounds great! not too loud, until...... Bet you had a good day, weather was perfect for a ride, great color! Thanks for the inspiration.

I was waxing the hull sides of my boat getting it ready for splashing.
Picking my car up on Friday from HPA and its looking like rain, but you know what? I'm driving it home anyway... I want it back!!!!
Excellent, Friday will be here before you know it, careful on the ride home, all that new found power with wet streets.

Post your numbers when you get them, I'm anxious to see what you'll put down since you're doing more of a build then mine.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:08 PM
bogdan_p
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What did you do component wise? Hp? Cam? Dont tell me ur car is orange too?
Heads, cam, LT's, manifold, and TB porting.

Mine's LeMans Blue, but I like Orange

p.s. Sounds sweet
Old 03-19-2015, 08:58 AM
ratomicZ06
Pro

Default woohoo!!!

Picking up car today! Trying to get there for dyno tuning at 1pm!!!!!

Cant wait to get ir back and drive it!!!

Will post back w numbs....

Last edited by ratomicZ06; 03-19-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:47 AM
avijay
Racer

Great news!!!! Looking forward to #'s.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:23 PM
Les-10
Bow-Tie Guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Good news. Can't wait to see your numbers and especially your comments about the K501's street manners.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:27 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

ratomicZ06,

So go figure I just got my Atomic Orange Z06 back from HPA last Thursday and couldn't be happier with the outcome of the whole experience, my build is almost identical to yours but I left out LT's and kept stock exhaust manifolds with cats, I do have Corsa exhaust. I shipped the car there with just Halltech, Corsa, & Tune:

Dropped it off to HPA with this being the baseline

Josh & team did heads/cam package w tune and here's final outcome:

Post Heads/Cam & Tune

They took amazing care of the car and it returned back to me in the same condition that it left in. Not doing headers and X-pipe I know I left a bit of power on the table but that wasn't a major concern. It drives just like stock until you get on it then if flat out screams.

Good luck with your build, I think you'll be very happy.

I noticed that the before graph(top) is SAE and the after graph(bottom) is uncorrected. Wouldn't that make a difference in comparing the two graphs?

Plus the fact that you used two different dyno's in two different shops.

Last edited by JoesC5; 03-19-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:39 PM
ratomicZ06
Pro

Default effing badass!!!!

Will post later. Just got back from test drive...... killer!

70 mph in 6th cruises sweet..... sumbich is ..... yes..... a beast!

Josh and crew did a fantastic job! Any of you guys in neighboring states need work done. Hpa is tops in my book and i am finicky. (No. No discounts for writing this.... just reality).

Rick.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:08 PM
ratomicZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I noticed that the before graph(top) is SAE and the after graph(bottom) is uncorrected. Wouldn't that make a difference in comparing the two graphs?

Plus the fact that you used two different dyno's in two different shops.
Those are good numbs without the LT/ cattted x and yes, SAE is corrected for 70 degrees, bc mine for instance uncorrected pulled better today (590/522) bc of the temps and air. So, use the SAE for comparison sakes.

I will post mine when I get a minute, busy tonite washing mine and drooling over how much I REALLY like this car now.

573 509 SAE corrected was my numbers today!

Les-10, I will be writing something up regarding the driving manners. I have no issue with the K501 cam. In a nutshell, it drives great, shakes just enough at idle to sound great, (Josh sets the timing so that it doesn't shake too much) and as long as you are over 1500 in 6th, you are good. Below that, drop to 5th. More detail to come... in a rush now.

For me. The K501 was perfect..... not too much.

Last edited by ratomicZ06; 03-19-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:25 AM
Les-10
Bow-Tie Guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Those are good numbs without the LT/ cattted x and yes, SAE is corrected for 70 degrees, bc mine for instance uncorrected pulled better today (590/522) bc of the temps and air. So, use the SAE for comparison sakes.

I will post mine when I get a minute, busy tonite washing mine and drooling over how much I REALLY like this car now.

573 509 SAE corrected was my numbers today!

Les-10, I will be writing something up regarding the driving manners. I have no issue with the K501 cam. In a nutshell, it drives great, shakes just enough at idle to sound great, (Josh sets the timing so that it doesn't shake too much) and as long as you are over 1500 in 6th, you are good. Below that, drop to 5th. More detail to come... in a rush now.

For me. The K501 was perfect..... not too much.
Congrats on those numbers, impressive for sure. Looking forward to more detail. What is your idle RPM?

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 Z06 build with HorsePowerAddicts, DE

Old 03-26-2015, 12:15 PM
ratomicZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by Les-10
Congrats on those numbers, impressive for sure. Looking forward to more detail. What is your idle RPM?
Idle is at 1k. Only got to drive it one day with the weather and my schedule, but will post back when i get a little more seat time.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Les-10
Bow-Tie Guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Idle is at 1k. Only got to drive it one day with the weather and my schedule, but will post back when i get a little more seat time.
Thanks for the reply. My Torquer 110 idles right at 1k also. Just trying to get a feel of comparison between the 2.
LOL, I know what you mean with respect to recent weather keeping the Zs in the garage. It seems that when your personal schedule stops pressing, it starts raining or worse.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:54 PM
ratomicZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by Les-10
Thanks for the reply. My Torquer 110 idles right at 1k also. Just trying to get a feel of comparison between the 2.
LOL, I know what you mean with respect to recent weather keeping the Zs in the garage. It seems that when your personal schedule stops pressing, it starts raining or worse.
Hey les... im lovin it so far.... torque is crazy..... i slammed my son into his seat from 50 to 130 in 6 or so seconds. He's like me... lol.... speed is da stuff. Cant wait to turn some numbers..... il post when it occurs. My "mild" hp isnt even close to you guys stuffing the air down. You guys need to sneak down to cecil county on weekend. My god.... the rain has to stop sometime?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] 2007 Z06 build with HorsePowerAddicts, DE