Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] How many turns on ride-height adjuster?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:18 AM
nuclearnick
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many turns on ride-height adjuster?

Hello all. First time Z06 owner and new to Corvetteforum. The 2006 Z06 I bought was already lowered on stock bolts. It looks as though it was lowered as far as the adjuster would allow. My questions: 1) How many turns is "stock" from fully lowered? 2) Does anyone have a thumb rule that equates ride height change per adjuster turn (i.e. one turn of the adjuster equals X amount of height change)? I'm getting ready to adjust corner weights and I'm just collecting data for now. Thanks for any and all help....

-Nick
Old 02-14-2015, 11:05 AM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Nick - I didn't measure ride height before/after on my C6Z. I do have measurements on my C5Z.

To let you know, the adjusters on all four corners will be different in their baseline settings. When I corver balanced my car for autocross use, I lowered the front about 2 turns per side and the rears were 1-2/3rd turns on the left rear and 1-3/4 turns on the right side. That left me 1 turn to full lowered. I then adjusted from there to get my desired cross weights.

FWIW (and not meant as an insult to you) make sure that the sway bars are disconnected prior to scaling. On my car, there was 129 pounds of cross weight difference wedged into my car, comparing measurements with bars attached and without (this was with no driver, naturally my adjustments were done with driver weight).
Old 02-14-2015, 11:08 AM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

PS - if you're really new to the forum and want more set up info, the "autocross/road race" sub forum is worth checking out.

BTW, congrats on the car. They're a lot of fun, enjoy!
Old 02-14-2015, 01:27 PM
nuclearnick
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Copy that. Thanks for the info. I'm already up to speed on disconnecting the sway bar during set-up, and I just installed adjustable end links to facilitate adjustments (to avoid jacking static weight into the car with the bars).

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To How many turns on ride-height adjuster?

Quick Reply: [Z06] How many turns on ride-height adjuster?