Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] connection between clutch master and slave

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 12:17 PM
amdoverclocker
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default connection between clutch master and slave

Can someone post a picture of the connection between the clutch master and slave hoses? I can't figure out the exact path it should take. Also, is there a trick to connecting them together? I'm having a hard time getting the fitting to snap together. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2015, 12:49 PM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

To get them shaped together if the fun part. I removed the washer boat's to get work room and it was stil, tough. No short cuts on that one
Old 03-01-2015, 01:27 PM
amdoverclocker
Instructor

Originally Posted by c5racr1
To get them shaped together if the fun part. I removed the washer boat's to get work room and it was stil, tough. No short cuts on that one
What do you mean by shaped together? It doesn't appear that they fit together in any particular way. Is that not the case? I'd like to think that I am stronger than the avg man but I still can't get them to lock together. Very close though.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 736 Likes on 546 Posts

They snap together... I removed the washer bottle for access, and from below was able to hold one half in each hand. Squeezed together with all my might... nothing. I'm not Arnold, but I do this stuff everyday, and not a wimp. Ended up removing the clip, forcing the two halves together, slid the clip into place. Working blind, arms over my head.
Great design... Thanks alot, a-holes.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:45 PM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

They snap together but the slave side is under a lot of pressure. No easy way around it
Old 03-02-2015, 11:50 AM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,070 Posts

It was a major pain in the *** to get it to go together when I did mine. I finally greased the fitting and it popped right in.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:57 PM
amdoverclocker
Instructor

Originally Posted by EViL427
It was a major pain in the *** to get it to go together when I did mine. I finally greased the fitting and it popped right in.
I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks guys!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Grease may not be the best thing for the hydraulic system.... but there is such a thing as brake component assembly paste.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:18 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowanker
Grease may not be the best thing for the hydraulic system.... but there is such a thing as brake component assembly paste.
Outside, not inside. It won't be in the system.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:45 PM
amdoverclocker
Instructor

Still couldn't get it. I'm having a friend come over tomorrow to help. If that doesn't work, the master is coming out. What a complete pain in the ***!
Old 03-04-2015, 03:20 PM
amdoverclocker
Instructor

****er still won't go in. Each of us had a side and couldn't get them to come together enough for the clip to snap into place. Something has to be wrong. I guess I'll remove the master tonight and see is something is jacked. It's going to suck because I can't open the drivers side door all the way. FML.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Originally Posted by amdoverclocker
****er still won't go in. Each of us had a side and couldn't get them to come together enough for the clip to snap into place. Something has to be wrong. I guess I'll remove the master tonight and see is something is jacked. It's going to suck because I can't open the drivers side door all the way. FML.
Seriously... before you remove the master, remove the locking clip and see if you can push the 2 halves together then. At that point, mine went right together, but the only way I could get it there was to install the clip AFTER the pieces were mated.
The whole time (hours...) I was saying "this looks like something F'n BMW would do". What do you know, clutch master says "made in Germany"
Old 03-04-2015, 04:50 PM
amdoverclocker
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nowanker
Seriously... before you remove the master, remove the locking clip and see if you can push the 2 halves together then. At that point, mine went right together, but the only way I could get it there was to install the clip AFTER the pieces were mated.
The whole time (hours...) I was saying "this looks like something F'n BMW would do". What do you know, clutch master says "made in Germany"
Humm okay. I didn't have much time to spend on it last night so I didn't try that. We'll try that way tonight.

Get notified of new replies

To connection between clutch master and slave

Quick Reply: [Z06] connection between clutch master and slave