Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Meth Tank - Where to Mount / What kind?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Meth Tank - Where to Mount / What kind?

I bought an Alky Kit for my ECS kit for my 08 z.

What are you guys using for a meth tank, and where are you mounting it? I think a one gallon metal fuel cell would be cool - if I can find a spot to mount it. Maybe the fender well?

Pics would be awesome!

This is a street car, so I'd prefer no cutting/welding, etc. and would prefer to retain the trunk, and not have lines running from the trunk.

Thanks,

JB
Old 03-04-2015, 04:57 PM
djfury05
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd suspect most are using the windshield washer reservoir, as I am planning to do as well. If you're opposed to that, then have a look at this.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-pictures.html

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...duct_info.html
Old 03-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

thanks,

while i dont plan on using the WW wiper tank ever, and wouldnt mind that....im not too keen on keeping methanol in plastic....thats what people are doing? Maybe I could remove that tank, and replace it with a metal cell that fits in that area...
Old 03-04-2015, 06:57 PM
djfury05
Pro

Originally Posted by Geared
thanks,

while i dont plan on using the WW wiper tank ever, and wouldnt mind that....im not too keen on keeping methanol in plastic....thats what people are doing? Maybe I could remove that tank, and replace it with a metal cell that fits in that area...
You know methanol is in windshield washer fluid too right? Nobody has reported the methanol eating away at the washer reservoir that I've seen. People would be talking about it all over this forum since so many people have the Alky control kit if that were the case.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

First let me say - I am not familiar with meth, period.

I do know its in WW fluid, but I would think not nearly to the content you have when running meth. As discussed in one of the threads you sent - the engine bay gets very hot during a pull - and meth that close to the headers sounds a bit scary. Am I just being a Nancy?
Old 03-04-2015, 08:08 PM
djfury05
Pro

Originally Posted by Geared
First let me say - I am not familiar with meth, period.

I do know its in WW fluid, but I would think not nearly to the content you have when running meth. As discussed in one of the threads you sent - the engine bay gets very hot during a pull - and meth that close to the headers sounds a bit scary. Am I just being a Nancy?
Correct it is not nearly the same content ratio in the washer fluid. I am brand new to meth as well.

A question for you, would you rather be rear ended with the tank and fumes inside the cabin of the car and the fireball next to gas tank, or have the fire be in the engine bay? Not implying either is imminent of course. You could run 50/50 and supposedly be non flammable.

I wouldn't be concerned about the meth being close to the headers, because its really not. There is plenty of airflow in the engine bay to keep things cooled down. If you were really worried about it you could always have the headers coated.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Just the factory windshield washer tank.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:15 PM
ibleedgreen
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have this in the opposite compartment as the battery, works awesome!

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...duct_info.html

Get notified of new replies

To Meth Tank - Where to Mount / What kind?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Meth Tank - Where to Mount / What kind?