Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] DIC display not showing anything

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 03:54 AM
No4Play
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIC display not showing anything

Has anyone ever had this issue? My DIC will not display anything. When I start the car it doesn't display the welcome sequence or anything. I scroll through options, settings, etc and it won't display anything either. the buttons work and they beep when you push them, my HUD works as well. I can put it in compettitive driving mode and the proper icons light up on the cluster but nothing displays on the DIC. I took the car to the dealership and they said that for them to look at it they would have to flash the PCM at some point and it would erase my tune. I surely don't want that. any ideas??? Does chevy sell a replacement DIC screen or will I have to replace the whole cluster?
Old 03-12-2015, 08:12 AM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by No4Play
Has anyone ever had this issue? My DIC will not display anything. When I start the car it doesn't display the welcome sequence or anything. I scroll through options, settings, etc and it won't display anything either. the buttons work and they beep when you push them, my HUD works as well. I can put it in compettitive driving mode and the proper icons light up on the cluster but nothing displays on the DIC. I took the car to the dealership and they said that for them to look at it they would have to flash the PCM at some point and it would erase my tune. I surely don't want that. any ideas??? Does chevy sell a replacement DIC screen or will I have to replace the whole cluster?
Hmm strange. Prob cheaper to buy a used cluster.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:41 AM
No4Play
Racer

Will the mileage and everything still be maintained? I wasn't sure if it was stored in the cluster on some chip or in the bcm/pcm.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:01 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Disconnect the battery..see if that works

Clif
Old 03-12-2015, 07:58 PM
ZIE06Bernie
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Before buying anything determine exactly what the problem is because it could just as easily be one of the switches not connected properly or just a poor connection between the switches and the logic circuit or similar. Most failures are something simple rather than complete failure of the display and proving what is wrong first will save a lot of time and money.

I have attached a schematic to assist but if you don't understand it talk to someone technically able to help.

And should you require the entire PDF on the instrument cluster let me know your email and I can send it to you. It is 6.5megs which is larger than permitted here.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:41 AM
No4Play
Racer

Thanks! I'll pull the cluster out and check the connections.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:38 AM
vettefan84
Instructor

Originally Posted by z06clif
Disconnect the battery..see if that works

Clif

Get notified of new replies

To DIC display not showing anything

Quick Reply: [Z06] DIC display not showing anything