Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What brake pads and spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 01:18 PM
hungryhorace
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What brake pads and spark plugs

Guys looking for a bit of help as finding parts in the UK is a bit of a challenge since the last remaining uk dealer went bust

So what I would like to do is look at a few options to refresh some parts myself either OE or alternatives.

Are the ZO6 brake calipers sharing parts from any other cars that might be available in Europe? I understand the stock pads are padlets, if you go with single pads do you have to take the calliper off to change them?

If I go padlets, what are the OE makes?

Likewise for the spark plugs really?

Cheers

Mike
Old 03-26-2015, 02:46 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Guys looking for a bit of help as finding parts in the UK is a bit of a challenge since the last remaining uk dealer went bust

So what I would like to do is look at a few options to refresh some parts myself either OE or alternatives.

Are the ZO6 brake calipers sharing parts from any other cars that might be available in Europe? I understand the stock pads are padlets, if you go with single pads do you have to take the calliper off to change them?

If I go padlets, what are the OE makes?

Likewise for the spark plugs really?

Cheers

Mike
Brake pad you have a few manufactures. I prefer the Carbotech 1 piece pad. The caliper does not share with any other vehicle beside the GS and 427 vette.

Are you tracking the car?

Here is a step by step how to on pad replacement http://www.101corvetteprojects.com/2...rvette-c6-z06/
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 03-26-2015, 03:24 PM
hungryhorace
Pro

thanks, I'll look at the carbotech you mentioned

The car will not be tracked much but will do a few 1/4s and a few race tracks including spa and the ring. It will also be doing some autobhan sprints.

By sharing caliper with other cars I should have said shares same pads as other cars.

That link you posted is great too, I'd have thought they would have a quick release mechanism to change pads on the carriers rather than removing teh calliper?
Old 03-26-2015, 07:55 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

The caliper has its issues. How many miles on your car? Unless you have a lot of miles there isn't much difference between new spark plugs and the ones in the car. I generally keep my cars 6 to 7 years and have never had a C5 or C6 with enough miles to justify changing the plugs.

Bill
Old 03-27-2015, 07:02 AM
hungryhorace
Pro

time is just as important as miles though, I change the oil annually regardless of miles etc - car is an 06 with 20k on the clock - just like to make sure things are fresh
Old 03-27-2015, 09:59 AM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want I can send you some parts from middle east will be shorter and I'll get them from the dealers here. just hit me up with the part numbers you need.

Get notified of new replies

To What brake pads and spark plugs

Quick Reply: [Z06] What brake pads and spark plugs