Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Mirror part broken off from outside door mirror

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 12:48 PM
CaramelNougat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror part broken off from outside door mirror

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a long time but I come to browse threads regularly. Hope to get some help with a question I have about the outside door mirror on the passenger (left) side.

I have the 2007 C6 Z06 1LZ no-nav.

I banged the mirror on something and the mirror **surface** part broke off from the motorized part underneath. It is attached at what appears to be three mounting points and was hanging by just one for a while, then completely broke off.

I just got off the phone with some GM parts places but I don't feel confident they understood the situation or my questions.

The first question is: can I order just the mirror surface part? I'm attaching a picture of the GM parts catalog diagram.

The second question is: if I need the whole thing, which one do I order? There are several different part numbers and the catalog is maddeningly unclear about the difference between them.

The third question is: if I need to order the whole thing, it will probably not be in my color (machine silver) but I already have the pre-existing mirror housing, and there's nothing wrong with it. Can I transplant the guts of the new mirror assembly into the old housing so I don't have to paint it?

Really need the benefit of your wisdom! I'm overseas right now and it will cost me something like $100 and an extra week to ship it here, it will really suck to get the wrong part!

I'll also try to get some pictures of the exact state of my mirror right now, the diagram from the GM part catalog is really vague lol.

Last edited by CaramelNougat; 04-28-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Mirror part broken off from outside door mirror