Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Oil leak!!! Help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 06:10 PM
GD-Zo6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oil leak!!! Help please

Hey everyone I have an oil leak on my 08 zo6 and it looks like it's coming from the oil cooler lines at the end where it connects by the oil filter but I'm not a hundred percent. This is the second time I have had this issue in the last 2 years has anyone else had problems with this? The first time I replaced te oil cooler and lines and it solved the problem but it only lasted a year is there a better solution?
Old 04-30-2015, 06:52 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently had to replace my oil lines as they developed a leak from the lines that led into the oil block adapter. I will probably replace the stock lines and go with an aftermarket soft line.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:38 PM
GD-Zo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by skxf430
I recently had to replace my oil lines as they developed a leak from the lines that led into the oil block adapter. I will probably replace the stock lines and go with an aftermarket soft line.
Yeah I believe that's where my leak is coming from too. Is there any aftermarket ones you recommend or found that seem legit? I need to find a solution to this cause I do not want to replaced lines every year
Old 04-30-2015, 08:40 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

I ordered an oil block adapter, and soft lines and fittings from Improved Racing.

http://www.improvedracing.com/produc...hose-c-61.html

http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-co...80f-p-209.html
Old 04-30-2015, 09:48 PM
GD-Zo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by skxf430
I ordered an oil block adapter, and soft lines and fittings from Improved Racing.

http://www.improvedracing.com/produc...hose-c-61.html

http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-co...80f-p-209.html
Do you know if it's possible to just replace the gasket on the stock oil block adapter on there?
Old 05-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by GD-Zo6
Hey everyone I have an oil leak on my 08 zo6 and it looks like it's coming from the oil cooler lines at the end where it connects by the oil filter but I'm not a hundred percent. This is the second time I have had this issue in the last 2 years has anyone else had problems with this? The first time I replaced te oil cooler and lines and it solved the problem but it only lasted a year is there a better solution?
How bad of a leak? I had a situation where the car was leaving large puddles of oil on the ground each time I stopped. The oil covered the bottom of the engine and oil cooler lines from the front stabilizer bar to the rear of the car. There was so much oil it was hard to tell where it was coming from. Dealer mechanic first thought the oil cooler line was leaking so he replaced it and the oil kept pouring out, then he replaced the engine oil pan gasket and the magic fix was replacing the front cover seal.

Bill
Old 05-03-2015, 10:48 AM
C6DuffMan
Drifting

Could be the pan seal too. They are known to leak from there. I had my 09 fixed under warranty.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:13 PM
GD-Zo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
How bad of a leak? I had a situation where the car was leaving large puddles of oil on the ground each time I stopped. The oil covered the bottom of the engine and oil cooler lines from the front stabilizer bar to the rear of the car. There was so much oil it was hard to tell where it was coming from. Dealer mechanic first thought the oil cooler line was leaking so he replaced it and the oil kept pouring out, then he replaced the engine oil pan gasket and the magic fix was replacing the front cover seal.

Bill
The leak isn't too bad after cruising it only leaves a drop or two on the ground overnight. The only time the leak is noticeable is during high rpms it leaks on to the exhaust by the oil filter and white smoke pours out the back.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:05 PM
GD-Zo6
Instructor

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the oil line block adapter gasket without having to replace the lines.
I attached a picture it's labeled #3 in the picture if you don't know which gasket I am talking about.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:53 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Yes sir. The block adapter gasket is a separate p/n and can be changed.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil leak!!! Help please

Quick Reply: [Z06] Oil leak!!! Help please