Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Had some work done, however......

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 11:19 AM
scootguy58
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Had some work done, however......

...I don't really like the way it was tuned after the work.
This is the second round of engine work since new. First readings five years ago were 543 RWHP. I should have shown more gain after a more (slightly) aggressive cam, new heads from Lingenfelter. It seems, as I found out later, that my installer sent the car to a shop, where the guy admitted that he was really a Mustang Guy. Additionally, my mileage dropped by 4MPG combined and I am not a "cowboy". I just think that this new tune is not efficient....There was a Comp Cam in it on the first round of upgrades, the new one is a Comp cam also, but the "latest version" of a mild cam.
Enough small talk.
Who is considered the best Z06 tuner on Long Island (NY) as I want to have a second opinion?
You will notice that I did not post any names of the shops, as I do not want to turn this into a bash session, so "Just the facts".
Thanks
Old 05-02-2015, 11:29 AM
cnair
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vette Doctors in Amityville or if you can drive to NJ East Coast Supercharging or Tune Time Performance
Old 05-02-2015, 12:42 PM
scootguy58
Pro

Originally Posted by cnair
Vette Doctors in Amityville or if you can drive to NJ East Coast Supercharging or Tune Time Performance
Did Carmine do work for you. Would you PM me and let me know what he did and when?
Thanks
Old 05-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

http://corvettes-of-westchester.com/ - Chuck COW - I have heard great things.

I have also heard that Doug @ ECS (NJ) is also very capable.

One word of advice - any tuner is only as good as the parts on the car, the cars health, etc. You hear stories of people having bad experiences with great tuners - *usually* - its because the car was not well configured, wrong parts, poor install, poorly maintained, etc., and not the tuner.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:07 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

yes...Vette Dr's or ECS ...top shelf all the way!
Old 05-02-2015, 01:35 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,760 Likes on 3,176 Posts

Matt from Tune Time has straightened out alot of guys jacked up tunes over the years. great guy to deal with. check his place out. many from up by you bring their car to him. including the Farks supercars and ARH Camaro SS.

The ARH/Farks team is no stranger to success in the 5th Gen Camaro Challenge, and they are the returning champs from 2011. We got the full story from Louie Filippides on how things went down in this year’s 5th Gen Shootout.

The time slip from the ARH/Farks IRS record-besting run in qualifying.
“From the first time we took this car out it had the mph to run in the 8s. We worked relentlessly on the suspension at Farks Supercars with the help of Tom at Hendrix Engineering and eventually clicked off an 8.94. Matt from Tune Time Performance was always there for us tuning the car and giving us all the advice we could ask for. Once we got the suspension dialed in, we were running a consistent 1.3 60-foot, so we decided to up the boost from 14 PSI to 16 PSI, and we set the record at 8.85 at 157 MPH. Then we broke the record again during qualifying on Friday at the LSX Shootout with an 8.72 at 156 MPH with a 1.29 60-foot!

During the 1st round of eliminations in the 5th Gen Shootout, I raced a new COPO owned by my friends at SAM, and won with an ET of 8.93. The finals took place at 5:00 am after a 4-hour rain delay on Saturday. They were calling for more rain on Sunday, so the folks in charge decided to race through the night. We also made it to the finals in the 5th Gen Index Class, but for some reason or another, I wasn’t able to hold the car in the beams and it rolled through.

In the 5th Gen Shootout, Lingenfelter had already ran an 8.94, so we knew we had a good race on our hands. George Farkouh of Farks Supercars, my partner in this whole build, did some tweaking to the tune and we iced up and refueled for the finals. When we finally lined up against Lingenfelter in the final, and the lights dropped, they had the advantage in reaction time – 0.035 to my 0.054. Fortunately we were lucky enough to cut a 1.33 60-foot to their 1.50 and take the lead. The result was an 8.83 to an 8.97. The car performed flawlessly throughout the event, and the whole experience was truly incredible.”
Attached Images  

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 05-02-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:41 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by scootguy58
Did Carmine do work for you. Would you PM me and let me know what he did and when?
Thanks
Didn't Carmine retire? Anyway.............Vette doctors or you might talk to Dave at Nesinger 112. Closer to you.

Clif
Old 05-03-2015, 11:13 AM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

If Delaware isn't to far from you I would highly recommend Race Proven Motorsports. They fix a lot of other guys bad tunes. Fran and Bill are great guys and strive to make every customer completely happy.. www.raceprovenmotorsports.com
Old 05-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

OP - btw - you need to make sure your tune file isn't locked. Alot of tuners lock their files to keep other tuners/the owners from manipulating the tune.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:04 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you.

Originally Posted by Geared
http://corvettes-of-westchester.com/ - Chuck COW - I have heard great things.

I have also heard that Doug @ ECS (NJ) is also very capable.

One word of advice - any tuner is only as good as the parts on the car, the cars health, etc. You hear stories of people having bad experiences with great tuners - *usually* - its because the car was not well configured, wrong parts, poor install, poorly maintained, etc., and not the tuner.
Thank you.

I'm very close to you. Give me a call and I'd be happy to look at it for Free to tell you what I think.

914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
Old 05-04-2015, 04:32 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

...I don't really like the way it was tuned after the work.
This is the second round of engine work since new. First readings five years ago were 543 RWHP. I should have shown more gain after a more (slightly) aggressive cam, new heads from Lingenfelter. It seems, as I found out later, that my installer sent the car to a shop, where the guy admitted that he was really a Mustang Guy. Additionally, my mileage dropped by 4MPG combined and I am not a "cowboy". I just think that this new tune is not efficient....There was a Comp Cam in it on the first round of upgrades, the new one is a Comp cam also, but the "latest version" of a mild cam.
Enough small talk.
Who is considered the best Z06 tuner on Long Island (NY) as I want to have a second opinion?
You will notice that I did not post any names of the shops, as I do not want to turn this into a bash session, so "Just the facts".
Thanks

A lot of good tuners mentioned, but in LI you have Vette Doctors or JTM in Deer Park.

I would be happy to tune it for you, but there should be no need to travel that far with good local tuners close to you.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Z06-HEC*
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I heard Vette Doctors is under new owners/managers... not sure it is the same as before...

I had mine re-tuned by Tune Time in Jersey. I love it.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:32 PM
scootguy58
Pro

Originally Posted by z06clif
Didn't Carmine retire? Anyway.............Vette doctors or you might talk to Dave at Nesinger 112. Closer to you.

Clif
I was at a LICOA show this weekend and heard the same.
Nessinger Chevy...Really?? I did not know they did andy "special" work.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:39 PM
scootguy58
Pro

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
A lot of good tuners mentioned, but in LI you have Vette Doctors or JTM in Deer Park.

I would be happy to tune it for you, but there should be no need to travel that far with good local tuners close to you.
Not really that far..The whole family is in Tinton Falls or Lincroft (Even Mom)...I am the only Long Islander, so a trip your way is a walk in the park
Same Day (Dyno/Tune) service?
Old 05-05-2015, 06:30 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

I was at a LICOA show this weekend and heard the same.
Nessinger Chevy...Really?? I did not know they did andy "special" work.
See private message.

Clif
Old 05-15-2015, 03:37 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Not really that far..The whole family is in Tinton Falls or Lincroft (Even Mom)...I am the only Long Islander, so a trip your way is a walk in the park
Same Day (Dyno/Tune) service?
Yes, you can wait.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:42 PM
DRUGschnorr
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chuck cow has done my cars since 2010....sets em up for road course fun and HPDE...

just my two cents...

Get notified of new replies

To Had some work done, however......

Quick Reply: [Z06] Had some work done, however......