Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone run NTO5's on the rear with Michelin PSS's up front?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 09:25 AM
bdickey058
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Bahaha. Win a IPad. I still have my 1 bad Michelin. Michelin told me they would go off of tread depth and discount me another tire... I thought alright that sounds ok. I had 70% tread depth and Michelin. Would take 15% mrsp.... come on man!!! I can get a better deal through a whole seller
Old 10-19-2015, 07:24 PM
v8sten
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 134 Posts

Well I have NT05R on the rear of my car and Nitto Invos (I know they are not MPSS tires) It drives fine on the road. I know it will affect the handling, but it still handles fairly well. Tire pressures I keep fairly low, 32 psi cold in the front and 26 psi cold in the rear. That is for a few reasons, ride quality, tire wear & diminish wheel hop. Like I said the car drives great. I have done a few highway runs just north of 200 mph with this setup and i have no issues.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:24 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Originally Posted by v8sten
Well I have NT05R on the rear of my car and Nitto Invos (I know they are not MPSS tires) It drives fine on the road. I know it will affect the handling, but it still handles fairly well. Tire pressures I keep fairly low, 32 psi cold in the front and 26 psi cold in the rear. That is for a few reasons, ride quality, tire wear & diminish wheel hop. Like I said the car drives great. I have done a few highway runs just north of 200 mph with this setup and i have no issues.
Straight line runs rarely cause issues with mixed types of tires. The issue comes when you go into a corner at anything faster than a normal street driver would do. Try to corner at over 1G and the tire with the best cornering grip better be on the rear of the car or you may find the back end of the car passing the front.

Bill

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone run NTO5's on the rear with Michelin PSS's up front?