Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Head fix and cam install @ BLACKDOG SPEED SHOP

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 06:36 PM
Jason900rr
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Head fix and cam install @ BLACKDOG SPEED SHOP

Even though it's gonna be over 2 months that my car has been at their shop for the valve guides and heads getting reworked and a few deadlines pushed, I should have it back the middle of next week! The extended warranty that I purchased on the engine had a lot to do with the time process. But finally the warranty company agreed to cover a huge chunk of the process. While it was having this head work done I thought," This would be the perfect opportunity to throw a cam in. After a few weeks of research I decided on the Katech Torquer 110. I wasn't goin for a dump queen, I was just really wanting a choppy idle! I'm hoping I made a good decision but only time will tell. I'll add a pic of the engine bay partially done. I've done the Kateck carbon valve covers, Kateck coil relocation, had my manifold hydrocarboned and just added a Halltech full carbon intake w the carbon beehive. I'll update the pics when I get it back. Oh, and I polished the fuel rail, TB, alternator, and am currently polishing the alternator bracket so all that should add a little more excitement under the hood!
Attached Images  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:17 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Looks great. Did you paint the coils?
You'll love the Torquer 110.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:40 PM
Jason900rr
Pro

Thanks, Yes I primed and painted them VY. They look really good in person. I'm thinking of adding some chrome Chevy logos or C6 logos or Jake Skulls to them, still up in the air though.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:12 PM
BLUEMEANIE
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Very cool!!
I'm interested in seeing your new setup. Do you ever hit any shows/cruises in the western burbs?

get back to this thread once you get a few hours behind the wheel.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:37 PM
Jason900rr
Pro

I definitely post after I drive home from the shop which is about 1hr drive. I usually attend SupercarSaturdays but missed this first one for obvious reasons. But if I know of a show goin on I try to make it. I will definitely be goin to the next SupercarSaturday which is a couple weeks away, let me know if you'll be there and we'll chat.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Jason900rr
Pro

I'm loving this cam and so is everyone else that hears it. I like watching people roll their windows down at stop n go lights lol! The torque is amazing. BlackDog Speed shop went above and beyond to get my car done for me that late night Thursday into Friday morning, thanks guys, and Ray, and especially Joel, car sounds amazing. I have a different thread if you wanna check out how the engine looks, this thread won't allow me to post any pics
Old 07-07-2015, 08:50 PM
Josh B.
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 400 Posts

Looks good

Get notified of new replies

To Head fix and cam install @ BLACKDOG SPEED SHOP

Quick Reply: [Z06] Head fix and cam install @ BLACKDOG SPEED SHOP