Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 08 Ltd Ed Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 06:46 PM
rufcar
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 08 Ltd Ed Warranty Question

This fall my GMPP runs out. Today I got a letter about an extended warranty from Auto Care. My 08 Z has 21K miles and they consider it a NEW car! That said for $3,025 They will give me a full warranty on everything but the typical replacement items like belts hoses tires etc. for 5 more years or 100K miles. I have not had any valve train noise and with an extended warranty Id have no reason to even worry about it. But when I got the Vette several years ago it had 8K miles and the clutch and pedal were a GM call back and they paid over 4K for that work. Well worth my 1700 extended warranty.
I have a bunch of restored older cars and can repair them myself but something as exotic as the Z and computers I do not feel comfortable working on. I am wondering about the 3K for this extended warranty. I am 65 self made and have done well but I have never done anything like this Auto Care and was looking for fellow Vette owners opinions? They said its accepted at 10,000+ dealerships and AAA approved .
Thanks Jim F

Last edited by rufcar; 05-21-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Last year I was in an identical situation. I chose to not extend the warranty and spend the $3k on reworking the heads and adding a cam with headers. You can work on this car, you just need to take your time and label all the hoses and electrical connectors. When you are done you can ask for help with tuning.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:26 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

^ Given the age of the car, I tend to agree. Fix the heads if necessary and run for luck on the rest.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:40 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rufcar
This fall my GMPP runs out. Today I got a letter about an extended warranty from Auto Care. My 08 Z has 21K miles and they consider it a NEW car! That said for $3,025 They will give me a full warranty on everything but the typical replacement items like belts hoses tires etc. for 5 more years or 100K miles. I have not had any valve train noise and with an extended warranty Id have no reason to even worry about it. But when I got the Vette several years ago it had 8K miles and the clutch and pedal were a GM call back and they paid over 4K for that work. Well worth my 1700 extended warranty.
I have a bunch of restored older cars and can repair them myself but something as exotic as the Z and computers I do not feel comfortable working on. I am wondering about the 3K for this extended warranty. I am 65 self made and have done well but I have never done anything like this Auto Care and was looking for fellow Vette owners opinions? They said its accepted at 10,000+ dealerships and AAA approved .
Thanks Jim F
You can extend GMPP one time, I believe that you can do two years.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:47 PM
rufcar
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

acrace I didn't know that, I will check into it next week, Tkx. I am still on the fence about which way to go but this new info might help. Jim

Originally Posted by acrace
You can extend GMPP one time, I believe that you can do two years.

Get notified of new replies

To 08 Ltd Ed Warranty Question

Quick Reply: [Z06] 08 Ltd Ed Warranty Question