Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Radiator fan is stuck on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 06:47 PM
rockinSeat
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Default Radiator fan is stuck on?

I start the engine and the radiator fan comes on and stays on - will not shut off; something wrong I think since its never done this. No A/C, interior fan, nor defroster is on. What's wrong?

I recently pulled a headlight to replace it; car was up on stands for a couple weeks with a trickle charger. I'm not sure if that's related or not. Suggestions?

AdvTHANKSance
Old 05-29-2015, 11:44 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by rockinSeat
I start the engine and the radiator fan comes on and stays on - will not shut off; something wrong I think since its never done this. No A/C, interior fan, nor defroster is on. What's wrong?

I recently pulled a headlight to replace it; car was up on stands for a couple weeks with a trickle charger. I'm not sure if that's related or not. Suggestions?

AdvTHANKSance
Start easy, disconnect battery for a couple of minutes and see what happens. When you did the headlight was there any wiring that could have got disconnected? Possibly a temperature sensor disconnected causing the fan to think its calling to be turned on. If need be PM me and I could get you a wiring diagram of the fan circuit. Good luck
Old 05-29-2015, 11:53 PM
rockinSeat
Burning Brakes

thanks. I temporarily disconnected the drivers side headlight and the sidemarker. I tested the new headlight before putting everything back together. I'll try disconnecting the battery but I doubt I'll be that lucky. Where would the temperature sensor be?
Old 05-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by rockinSeat
thanks. I temporarily disconnected the drivers side headlight and the sidemarker. I tested the new headlight before putting everything back together. I'll try disconnecting the battery but I doubt I'll be that lucky. Where would the temperature sensor be?
Without looking at the wiring I'm not 100% sure. But there may be one in the side of the rad on passenger side. If you did passenger HL, possible it got bumped? Could find the relay and swap,with same kind to see if that does anything.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:20 PM
rockinSeat
Burning Brakes

Well I disconnected the battery for a bit and pushed the fuses and relays down in the fuse box and the problem seems to have gone away. Some of the fuses felt loose, I'll post back if the problem comes back. I sure thought that after self inflicting $700 of damage to that headlight that would be the end of it, but maybe there is more in store...

Get notified of new replies

To Radiator fan is stuck on?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Radiator fan is stuck on?