Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Stainless Steel Headers Made In USA for Under $800 Shipped @ Hinson Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Whis9
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I do not have my headers yet since I just placed the order today but these guys have answered every question I have bugged them with all day today. So for very good customer service, very impressed.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:08 AM
TRSCobra
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 239 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Hanlon's Law
Have you seen prices on long tube headers for other cars? Fbodies for example? They somehow make those prices work, and it's not explained away by them being "lesser" parts.
I honestly haven't lately. Had a ~$150 set of flowtech shorties on my 3rd gen camaro that leaked almost constantly, but that was 12 years ago. The last header I bought was for my turbo subaru. It cost $800 and was much smaller and simpler than these. That, combined with the $1500+ headers for these cars, must be throwing me off.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:39 AM
Ludedude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Whis9
I do not have my headers yet since I just placed the order today but these guys have answered every question I have bugged them with all day today. So for very good customer service, very impressed.
I bought some brake stuff from them a few months ago. Top notch in the customer service department for sure.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:48 AM
Da Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts

Great to have another option and thank you for the great prices!!
Old 06-26-2015, 10:27 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by TRSCobra
Under $800 for stainless headers alone is a screamin deal. Add the free shipping, ceramic coating, and the fact that they are made in the USA and you've got me scratching my head as to how this is possible.

Not being critical, but is there just that much mark up in the header business that you can still make a profit with what you're offering at this price point?
There isn't much markup in headers. We were able to partner with a manufacturer to produce our designs in very large quantities to help drive the price down. Also because we did all the R&D, as well as all the ceramic coating, sorting, and packaging in house, we were able to control a lot of the expenses. Because we don't have to buy another said brand from the manufacturer and then mark it up a to make a few pennies to rub together, we are able to cut that middle man out and pass the savings along to the customer. There's no secret to it, less people involved equals less money that has to be paid to produce a product. Another key component is that it's our design, therefore you as a customer are able to buy direct from us. Fortunately for us this isn't our first rodeo with developing headers with tight tolerances. Back in the early 2000's we developed a way to put LS engines in various cars such as the Mazda Rx7 & Rx8. We also do the same thing with the Nissan 350Z, Infinity G35 and G37, as well as the Honda S2000. Each time we produced one of these new V8 swap cars we had to develop not just the header and exhaust components, but everything all of which was hand built right here in the USA (mostly in house too). So when we set out to do Corvette headers we knew exactly how to go about doing it.

Originally Posted by Hanlon's Law
Have you seen prices on long tube headers for other cars? Fbodies for example? They somehow make those prices work, and it's not explained away by them being "lesser" parts.
There are several brands of F-body headers these days that push the $1000 envelope, and then you still have to buy the appropriate mid/y-pipe sections. If you ever compared a F-body header to a Corvette header, you will see there are some differences in overall length. The biggest thing that makes a Corvette header more expensive across the board is the number of bends and tight tolerances you have to work within. The tighter the tolerances the more expensive they are to make.

Originally Posted by Whis9
Thank you for letting everyone know about your customer experience. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and are/were happy to help any way we could. We understand that with any new product customers are going to have questions and concerns. We just try to do the best we can in matching the perfect part up for the customers needs.

I honestly haven't lately. Had a ~$150 set of flowtech shorties on my 3rd gen camaro that leaked almost constantly, but that was 12 years ago. The last header I bought was for my turbo subaru. It cost $800 and was much smaller and simpler than these. That, combined with the $1500+ headers for these cars, must be throwing me off.
Corvette setups come with x pipe and mid pipe sections that drive the cost up, where as with most other cars (F-body) the headers as mid pipes are sold individually. There are several brands of F-body headers these days that push the $1000 envelope, and then you still have to buy the appropriate mid/y-pipe sections. If you ever compared a F-body header to a Corvette header, you will see there are some differences in overall length. The biggest thing that makes a Corvette header more expensive across the board is the number of bends and tight tolerances you have to work within. The tighter the tolerances the more expensive they are to make. The other thing is that even though I don't know the inflation numbers on manufacturing cost as well as material cost, you can bet that in 12 years some things have changed.

Originally Posted by Ludedude
I bought some brake stuff from them a few months ago. Top notch in the customer service department for sure.
Thank you for the business and the feedback. Both are appreciated.

Originally Posted by Da Z06
Great to have another option and thank you for the great prices!!
It was our goal to bring to market a great American made product that was more affordable for the consumer.

Last edited by HinsonSuperCars; 06-26-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:51 PM
TRSCobra
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 239 Likes on 163 Posts

Thanks for explaining! I'll be hitting you guys up again for some purchases on the next phase of my build.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:36 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Thanks for explaining! I'll be hitting you guys up again for some purchases on the next phase of my build.
We will look forward to doing some business with you soon then.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:00 PM
Da Z06
Burning Brakes

Could you tell us a bit about your design?

What is the primary length? What drove you to it? Stock cam compatibility or aftermarket? What is the middle ground LSA/Duration that the primary length was designed after? What is the length on the collector? Could you post a photo of the inside of the flange and collector?

Thanks!!
Old 06-29-2015, 01:18 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm sold.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:03 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Bump.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:11 PM
bada
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

What is the primary length? What drove you to it? Stock cam compatibility or aftermarket? What is the middle ground LSA/Duration that the primary length was designed after? What is the length on the collector? Could you post a photo of the inside of the flange and collector?

Thanks!!

Yes I am with this guy. Any info please.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:18 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Thanks!!
Good morning. We understand that you're probably coming from a good place in asking these questions. There is nothing wrong with wanting to know, but we will hold some information privately. Afterall, none of the other manufacturers (Kooks, Texas Speed, etc) extend this level of transparency. We trust that you understand.

The primary lengths are long and unequal length. The long primary tubes maximize the balance between low end and high rpm power. To be blunt, it is a compromised design as all long tubes will be. While this is a unique design (not a copy of something else), there are only so many ways to fit a header in a given chassis that are both performance enhancing and offer affordable construction methods.

Collector length is 8.5". Primaries range from 27 to 33" in length.

Requested photos have been attached.

Closing thoughts - We feel that we hit the sweet spot with a USA made product that makes great power and fits excellently. We're running them on our own cars, shipping them nationwide, and installing them in local customers. We feel these are the best 1 7/8" SS and ceramic coated headers made in the USA under $1,000. I hope that checks all the boxes in what you want for your car. If not, we can sell you a $1,400-1,600 set from another brand.

Good luck with the shopping. We hope that you choose HINSON as your supplier regardless of your product choice.
Attached Images   
Old 06-30-2015, 04:37 PM
bada
Racer

Originally Posted by HinsonSuperCars
Good morning. We understand that you're probably coming from a good place in asking these questions. There is nothing wrong with wanting to know, but we will hold some information privately. Afterall, none of the other manufacturers (Kooks, Texas Speed, etc) extend this level of transparency. We trust that you understand.

The primary lengths are long and unequal length. The long primary tubes maximize the balance between low end and high rpm power. To be blunt, it is a compromised design as all long tubes will be. While this is a unique design (not a copy of something else), there are only so many ways to fit a header in a given chassis that are both performance enhancing and offer affordable construction methods.

Closing thoughts - We feel that we hit the sweet spot with a USA made product that makes great power and fits excellently. We're running them on our own cars, shipping them nationwide, and installing them in local customers. We feel these are the best 1 7/8" SS and ceramic coated headers made in the USA under $1,000. I hope that checks all the boxes in what you want for your car. If not, we can sell you a $1,400-1,600 set from another brand.

Good luck with the shopping. We hope that you choose HINSON as your supplier regardless of your product choice.

How do you seal the collector, to the next pipe? Most use a tapered bung seal nowadays.
NEVER MIND. I looked at post #1. It looks like a slip fit.
Plus are the C6 ZO6 headers a D shape? Or are these for the ZO6? If so. what gasket do you use, to seal them to the heads?

Last edited by bada; 06-30-2015 at 04:43 PM. Reason: ..
Old 06-30-2015, 04:45 PM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad I returned the TSP headers.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:55 PM
Da Z06
Burning Brakes

Great and thank you for sharing some of the info and its understood that some ideas/designs are proprietary.

Looks great! I'll be ordering mine within a few days!
Old 07-01-2015, 10:12 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by crAzy
Glad I returned the TSP headers.
We are glad you would rather have a set of ours too.

Great and thank you for sharing some of the info and its understood that some ideas/designs are proprietary.

Looks great! I'll be ordering mine within a few days!
We will look forward to doing business with you. Thanks for the comments and vote of confidence in our products.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:25 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Bump.

Get notified of new replies

To Stainless Steel Headers Made In USA for Under $800 Shipped @ Hinson Motorsports

Old 07-02-2015, 11:28 AM
bada
Racer

Are the C6 ZO6 headers a D shape? Or are these for the ZO6? If so. what gasket do you use, to seal them to the heads?

Thanks
Old 07-02-2015, 11:31 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bada
Are the C6 ZO6 headers a D shape? Or are these for the ZO6? If so. what gasket do you use, to seal them to the heads?

Thanks
All of the header shapes are round, but they work on the LS7 just as well as the other engines. We have a set on our shop car that is an LS7 car. We use the GM multi layer exhaust gaskets when we put them on. These type gaskets seal the best of any out there.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:03 PM
bada
Racer

All of the header shapes are round, but they work on the LS7 just as well as the other engines. We have a set on our shop car that is an LS7 car. We use the GM multi layer exhaust gaskets when we put them on. These type gaskets seal the best of any out there.
Thanks

Quick Reply: [Z06] Stainless Steel Headers Made In USA for Under $800 Shipped @ Hinson Motorsports