Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6 Z's and depreciation

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 12:30 PM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSenator
For me, it's not so much knowing that it WILL depreciate, it's more about how much and when. Trying to time the market is a gamble.

On the street, I'm getting spanked around by BO C7Z's in my HCIE C6Z over 600rwhp+. My wife saw the C7 interior and now wants to upgrade as well. lol

I plan to upgrade in the next year, but personally I'm holding out till tax season and spring. I guess we'll see.
That is odd. Something doesn't add up there.

I guess if you are talking light to light, 1/8 mile sprints...I could see it being tough to match a C7Z with all it's fancy transmission and differential nannies. Most of their torque is made from 0-3500rpms, so I can't imagine after the first 60-90ft that car really being a threat to a heavily modded C6Z that can hook up, of course.

But a 600rwhp C6Z should be walking a stock C7Z without breaking a sweat from pretty much 60+ mph...

What does "BO" stand for? Perhaps that indicates a modded C7Z? This is also where I'd say just get a pair of C7Z seats and customize your interior with a couple grand and save the extra cash and avoid the heat-soak. If 600rwhp in a 3200lb Vette isn't enough to handle a C7Z, then so be it -- it is still very, very fast.

But somehow I doubt that is the case. When I only had a little over 500rwhp, I stayed a few cars in front of a 2015 Viper, which is just as quick as a C7Z. Anything shy of a modded street bike or a twin turbo V8 or GTR of the sort, I cannot imagine getting spanked around by anything out there.

Last edited by fueledpassion; 10-19-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:35 PM
TheSenator
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by fueledpassion
That is odd. Something doesn't add up there.

I guess if you are talking light to light, 1/8 mile sprints...I could see it being tough to match a C7Z with all it's fancy transmission and differential nannies. Most of their torque is made from 0-3500rpms, so I can't imagine after the first 60-90ft that car really being a threat to a heavily modded C6Z that can hook up, of course.

But a 600rwhp C6Z should be walking a stock C7Z without breaking a sweat from pretty much 60+ mph...

What does "BO" stand for? Perhaps that indicates a modded C7Z? This is also where I'd say just get a pair of C7Z seats and customize your interior with a couple grand and save the extra cash and avoid the heat-soak. If 600rwhp in a 3200lb Vette isn't enough to handle a C7Z, then so be it -- it is still very, very fast.

But somehow I doubt that is the case. When I only had a little over 500rwhp, I stayed a few cars in front of a 2015 Viper, which is just as quick as a C7Z. Anything shy of a modded street bike or a twin turbo V8 or GTR of the sort, I cannot imagine getting spanked around by anything out there.
All 2nd gear rolls. A couple of close friends who we all know each other builds.

C7Z Longtubes/Corsa/E85 tune > Viper TA Tuned/E :: HCIE C6Z > stock C7Z

Everytime. Just my experience though. My "little" N/A runs really well against them, but I'm almost out of potential. Those LT4's are pushing 1,XXX with ease.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:31 PM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSenator
All 2nd gear rolls. A couple of close friends who we all know each other builds.

C7Z Longtubes/Corsa/E85 tune > Viper TA Tuned/E :: HCIE C6Z > stock C7Z

Everytime. Just my experience though. My "little" N/A runs really well against them, but I'm almost out of potential. Those LT4's are pushing 1,XXX with ease.
Well that makes more sense then. I'm sure long tubes and an E85 tune would pick up another 75-100rwhp on those LT4's. However, I'd be surprised if they do much better than that with the stock charger on it. I figured a 1.8L to be a little undersized on that car.

You could always just put some forged slugs in the LS7 and whipple it, lol. I'm sure that will do the trick...

Quick Reply: [Z06] C6 Z's and depreciation