Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Vengeance bound!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 02:32 AM
ZO6FL
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Vengeance bound!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  1,011.0 KB
Kaotik package, WCCH heads, ARH, MSD & NW102.
Looking forward to its return!
Old 09-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Tnacdrmr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats
Probably need to order another set of shoes for the rear while it's gone.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:14 AM
08mojo
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I'll keep an eye out for your car, as they are a couple doors down from where I work. I'm curious to the numbers it will put down. I have the same setup, but elected to stay with the stock intake and throttle body.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:37 AM
ZO6FL
Racer

Originally Posted by 08mojo
I'll keep an eye out for your car, as they are a couple doors down from where I work. I'm curious to the numbers it will put down. I have the same setup, but elected to stay with the stock intake and throttle body.
Lucky you! Build should start next week!
Old 09-03-2015, 10:39 AM
ZO6FL
Racer

Originally Posted by Tnacdrmr
Congrats
Probably need to order another set of shoes for the rear while it's gone.
Yea, kind of thinking that as well!
Thanks!
Old 09-03-2015, 01:08 PM
CSW2010Zee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!! I think you'll be more than impressed with the results and sound! I also have the package you speak of on my 2010Z and am scheduled to return 9/18 for the MSD intake and NW 102 TB. I'm looking forward to your results as I think we'll be making a very very similar power curve. Beautiful car btw.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:23 PM
ZO6FL
Racer

Originally Posted by CSW2010Zee
Congrats!! I think you'll be more than impressed with the results and sound! I also have the package you speak of on my 2010Z and am scheduled to return 9/18 for the MSD intake and NW 102 TB. I'm looking forward to your results as I think we'll be making a very very similar power curve. Beautiful car btw.
Thank you! Good to hear. I figured what's another $1500 for intake & TB. I think I would have regretted not doing it. Also milling heads .020. Unable to find many sound clips of the cam, but what I did find I liked!
Old 09-03-2015, 01:23 PM
08mojo
Pro

Got a copy of the dyno for your current setup?
Old 09-03-2015, 01:27 PM
08mojo
Pro

Originally Posted by ZO6FL
Thank you! Good to hear. I figured what's another $1500 for intake & TB. I think I would have regretted not doing it. Also milling heads .020. Unable to find many sound clips of the cam, but what I did find I liked!
Here's a short clip of mine:

My setup is:
  • arh long tubes
  • catted arh x
  • wcch stage 2 heads (stock compression)
  • halltech m108
  • kaotik cam
Old 09-03-2015, 01:29 PM
CSW2010Zee
Advanced

Originally Posted by ZO6FL
I'm 100% confident you will really like it. A superb, nice throaty sound with a good "lope" that just sets it off when your standing outside looking at it. Without a doubt the extra $1500 is well worth it, considering you are having to transport the car that distance. I"m fortunately local within 30 min to their facility so its more of a budget thing for me....little by little. LOL Otherwise, I might end up sleeping in the car and not at home! Cant wait to see your results!
Old 09-03-2015, 01:32 PM
CSW2010Zee
Advanced

Got a copy of the dyno for your current setup?

I apologize but no I sure don't. I actually purchased the car used about a month ago but the OO was gracious enough to give me the Vengeance Invoices and some of the documentation that went along with the improvements. He Unfortunately, didn't share the dyno. But not to worry, as in another few weeks I will have everything re-worked and gone through and cant wait to share the results. After numerous discussions, we are looking to be in the high 500's if not barely crossing into the 600 mark. We shall see....
Old 09-03-2015, 01:49 PM
08mojo
Pro

I apologize but no I sure don't. I actually purchased the car used about a month ago but the OO was gracious enough to give me the Vengeance Invoices and some of the documentation that went along with the improvements. He Unfortunately, didn't share the dyno. But not to worry, as in another few weeks I will have everything re-worked and gone through and cant wait to share the results. After numerous discussions, we are looking to be in the high 500's if not barely crossing into the 600 mark. We shall see....
I agree with the upper 500's, but not sure about 600. I'm hoping you do hit that 600 though! For what it's worth, with the setup listed above (but with an off-road X pipe), mine put down 548 hp. Keep in mind I'm running stock compression.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:26 PM
CSW2010Zee
Advanced

I agree with the upper 500's, but not sure about 600. I'm hoping you do hit that 600 though! For what it's worth, with the setup listed above (but with an off-road X pipe), mine put down 548 hp. Keep in mind I'm running stock compression.

Equally agreed. I'm shooting for a little overzealous mark of 600 but the rational side of me also understands that remaining N/A that's a difficult number to hit. 548 is NOTHING to scoff at.... nor is whatever the results that come in on mine. There's very few areas other than a track or strip that one can truly use all that power and potential.
Out of curiousity have you changed or done any mods such as axle or xpipe back exhaust? I'm honestly contemplating a set of arkapovic or B&B mufflers, but trying to weigh the cost vs. benefit as well. I'm actually running a Pfadt Tri Y long tube header to cats but remain factory on mufflers..
Old 09-03-2015, 03:34 PM
CSW2010Zee
Advanced

I'll need you to educate me a little if you will... I assume that I'm still running stock compression but how could I tell? Heres the rundown from my invoice in hand of what was done.....
WCCH LS7 Stage 2 CNC heads: hot tank/blast, bronze valve guides, Stage 2 CNC port, comp valve job, surface milling, stainless exhaust valves, Factory intake valves cleaned, inspected and tumble polished, ARP head bolt kit, custom camshaft, 3/8th 7.400 hardened pushrods, comp trunion kit for stock rockers, katech C5R timing chain, ARP cam bolts, gaskets, blah blah.
And as mentioned, the Pfadt Tri-Y 2"x3" longtube headers with o2 extensions.
Custom tuning via dyno, (but no spec sheet).

I'm a lot undereducated as to the wording on all this.....its like trying to read Japanese for this simple Southern boy... lol.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:39 PM
CSW2010Zee
Advanced

The OO dumped a ton of cash into track related parts and gear which I'm more familiar with in terminology and usage. But when it comes to internals of an engine, I'm lost. The car has full Stoptech big braking system on all 4 corners, brake cooling ducts with fog lamp delete, Carbon splitter, side skirts and rear spoiler, Caravaggio CF Daytona seats w full factory options- heated seats still work! It has a harness bar in back with 5 pt harnesses, tow hooks already installed, LG coilovers, upgraded bushings, swaybars, etc. I just liked the color.... lmao.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:40 PM
CSW2010Zee
Advanced

Old 09-03-2015, 05:09 PM
ZO6FL
Racer

Here's a short clip of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXhXdkQD3hU

My setup is:
  • arh long tubes
  • catted arh x
  • wcch stage 2 heads (stock compression)
  • halltech m108
  • kaotik cam
Beautiful color! Thanks for the clip. Sounds perfect for me. Can't tell what mufflers you have? I currently have Corsa axle back.

Get notified of new replies

To Vengeance bound!

Old 09-03-2015, 05:16 PM
rpm94
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats! I know the excitement. It was a tough 6 weeks when my car was shipped up to Katech.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:40 PM
ZO6FL
Racer

Equally agreed. I'm shooting for a little overzealous mark of 600 but the rational side of me also understands that remaining N/A that's a difficult number to hit. 548 is NOTHING to scoff at.... nor is whatever the results that come in on mine. There's very few areas other than a track or strip that one can truly use all that power and potential.
Out of curiousity have you changed or done any mods such as axle or xpipe back exhaust? I'm honestly contemplating a set of arkapovic or B&B mufflers, but trying to weigh the cost vs. benefit as well. I'm actually running a Pfadt Tri Y long tube header to cats but remain factory on mufflers..
Wow! That's the way to buy one! No wait and down time! Love the blue also. In regards to your exhaust, I think B&B looks the best. With that said I initially bought the B&B PRT's. Great fit, but to much drone for me. Very loud when your on it. Swapped them out for Corsa. no drone whatsoever! I think the Fusion would have been a better choice in the B&B. Each to his own though.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:43 PM
ZO6FL
Racer

Originally Posted by rpm94
Congrats! I know the excitement. It was a tough 6 weeks when my car was shipped up to Katech.
Thanks! Yes, waited 5 weeks for my spot, now just a few more!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Vengeance bound!