Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Car is running good!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 07:49 AM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Car is running good!

I am not a racer at all. Car has never seen track or never raced on the street. I did decide to do a first and second gear pull this weekend, and the power of the car still surprises me and demands my full attention. I have a cammed 2009 Z06 with ~550/~493 hp/tq the only time it was dynode. The car pulled hard and actually spun the tires at the top of second at ~90mph when I backed off. No fishtail but good spin, which surprised me. Anyway, just stating the fact that I seem to fall in love with this car over and over again when I drive it. Car only has ~18,500 miles on it. I stay up on maintenance and have had the heads/valve guides/valves addressed and car feels better than the day I drove it off the lot - knock wood!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Da Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts

Enjoy but be careful with the cold surface/tires!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:28 AM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

Good point - Temps were about 60 degrees and tires should have been fairly warm after10 miles at speed. They are MPSS - pressure was a little low at around 28psi, but I thought that might actually help?
Old 11-30-2015, 10:29 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,046 Likes on 820 Posts

Originally Posted by bigterpsfan
Good point - Temps were about 60 degrees and tires should have been fairly warm after10 miles at speed. They are MPSS - pressure was a little low at around 28psi, but I thought that might actually help?
Not if the road surface had any crap on it, any crap & you'll spin like a top. Especially w/ your build.

WI had its first snowfall last week, enough for salt/sand.
Even tho' road surface looked clean after snow melted there was an unseen film on it.
I too broke loose in 2nd doing a hard pull & I'm stock.
Woke me up to my senses, fast.

Last edited by Landru; 11-30-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:41 PM
SHM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I came home from my gf's house this morning and it was 21 out. The new Michelins are terrific in the cold, but, I still have to be really careful accelerating in 1rst. They're still not formulated for pavement that cold. Seems the TC on the Z06 is non-existent as it's such a track dedicated car. My TC has never engaged unless I got stuck in snow in my driveway. Otherwise, it's non-existent. The nanny's are really kept fully locked in their rooms with this car!

Get notified of new replies

To Car is running good!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Car is running good!