Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 11:26 PM
131 Zack 131
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks awesome! I looked everywhere online for 4" tips that had a 3" inlet. Is that what you have or are they 2.5" inlet? If 3", where did you buy them from?
Old 01-05-2017, 11:38 PM
Sean_C
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 131 Zack 131
Looks awesome! I looked everywhere online for 4" tips that had a 3" inlet. Is that what you have or are they 2.5" inlet? If 3", where did you buy them from?
thx man!.... They're 3" in to 4" tips....i found them on eBay for $100 shipped for the pair
Old 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM
greatgonzer
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean_C
thx man!.... They're 3" in to 4" tips....i found them on eBay for $100 shipped for the pair
Sean, you have the exact same tips that I have welded on to straight pipes. Our cars probably sound like mean, angry sisters! I love the sound. Great job. I'm thinking of going with 5 inch dual tips now instead of the quad look. Im still on the fence
Old 01-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Sean_C
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
Sean, you have the exact same tips that I have welded on to straight pipes. Our cars probably sound like mean, angry sisters! I love the sound. Great job. I'm thinking of going with 5 inch dual tips now instead of the quad look. Im still on the fence
Nice!!!.... yea the sound is intoxicating....I love the growl when it first turns over along with the tone when just cruising, and the popping on decel it's just all music to my ears....I should just take out my speakers and radio lol cuz I'll prolly never listen to it.... catless headers are going to be crazy

​​​​​​​i was almost gonna go with duals, but I just didn't think I'd like the look.... and I didn't want to get too far away from the Corvette quad exhaust.... if u decide to do it please post some pics of it
Old 01-10-2017, 03:43 PM
131 Zack 131
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean_C
Nice!!!.... yea the sound is intoxicating....I love the growl when it first turns over along with the tone when just cruising, and the popping on decel it's just all music to my ears....I should just take out my speakers and radio lol cuz I'll prolly never listen to it.... catless headers are going to be crazy

i was almost gonna go with duals, but I just didn't think I'd like the look.... and I didn't want to get too far away from the Corvette quad exhaust.... if u decide to do it please post some pics of it

Haha the catless longtubes are ridiculously loud with this setup, but sound so good when WOT. I just installed my longtubes last week, but put the stock axle back on because I didn't like sound at idle.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Muffler Delete