Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 02:41 PM
1972bluelt1
Burning Brakes

Received 221 Likes on 151 Posts

Default warranty

A while back I tried to get a quote from GMPP for my 07 Z06 due to the valve issues. Got calls from everybody but GMPP. Some sounded like fly-by-night discount warranties. Today I got a call from someone calling themselves Dealer Services and that they represented GM. They quoted me about $2,900 for a $100 dollar deductible 4 year warranty, that covered everything but ware items. My car has 9,100 miles. My only concern is the valve thing. So, I'm thinking I'd rather spend the money addressing that. Does any know if this is legit? I've heard a lot of these warranties are just scams.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Crossofiron
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Good deal if you want to keep the car for 4 years

Originally Posted by 1972bluelt1
A while back I tried to get a quote from GMPP for my 07 Z06 due to the valve issues. Got calls from everybody but GMPP. Some sounded like fly-by-night discount warranties. Today I got a call from someone calling themselves Dealer Services and that they represented GM. They quoted me about $2,900 for a $100 dollar deductible 4 year warranty, that covered everything but ware items. My car has 9,100 miles. My only concern is the valve thing. So, I'm thinking I'd rather spend the money addressing that. Does any know if this is legit? I've heard a lot of these warranties are just scams.
I did a GM warranty for 2 years thru Ken Fichtner for 2 years for $1660.....

Worth the peace of mind after reading the gloom and doom threads,,,

Last edited by Crossofiron; 02-10-2016 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:12 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by 1972bluelt1
Never heard of them. You most certainly could spend the money on a head rebuild; but if you're interested in covering other expensive items associated with the car (which can also break), a warranty may be the better option...but that's for you to decide what's important to you.

I say contact Ken Fitchner about the Chevrolet Protection Plan (GMEPP) which can be purchased on any GM Make/Model that's 2006 or newer with under 120K on the odometer. That's about the only warranty I would recommend at this point.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-fichtner.html

Last edited by MTPZ06; 02-10-2016 at 07:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
1972bluelt1 (02-11-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 11:16 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

The following users liked this post:
MTPZ06 (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
I say contact Ken Fitchner about the Chevrolet Protection Plan (GMEPP) which can be purchased on any GM Make/Model that's 2006 or newer with under 120K on the odometer. That's about the only warranty I would recommend at this point.
You posted the link on another thread, no time to respond, now I've time. IF I read link to Ken's post correct, apparently, GMEPP's accepting GMPP customers who're currently covered by a 2nd & last GMPP. That right?

GMPP's owned by Ally & not associated w/ GM. GMPP offered coverage beyond GM's 3/36 --providing proper steps were taken prior to original B2B expiration. Applying before B2B expiration the biggest requirement.

According to GMPP rules GMPP one's allowed 1 re-up following expiration of original GMPP policy. Period. How it used to be, anyway.

Since I'm on my second & last GMPP thought I was SOL w/ GMPP.
I've until August to either locate extended coverage, or, get heads rebuilt. ~$3K's the line so if GMEPP's under I'd go with them.

Again if I read this right & GMEPP accepts current GMPP customers it's GREAT news. I'm well under 120K & really would like continuing coverage, all the better if it's from GM. Ken's back in-play.
Thanks for the info.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:46 PM
BJC_Z06
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased the GM Majorguard warranty when I bought my car(2006). That extended the warranty out to 6 years. Before it was up, I bought a 3 year extension ($1400 with $200 deductible).

Last year, GM would not extend the warranty beyond that.

I have had no problems with my heads, but I did need a new oil pan seal, a new dvd/nav, and a rear deck seal. Total cost for all of that would have been $2500, so my warranties paid for themselves.

I wish GM would have let me extend, but they would not. They were actually pretty rude when I talked with them about it.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:15 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Landru
You posted the link on another thread, no time to respond, now I've time. IF I read link to Ken's post correct, apparently, GMEPP's accepting GMPP customers who're currently covered by a 2nd & last GMPP. That right?

GMPP's owned by Ally & not associated w/ GM. GMPP offered coverage beyond GM's 3/36 --providing proper steps were taken prior to original B2B expiration. Applying before B2B expiration the biggest requirement.

According to GMPP rules GMPP one's allowed 1 re-up following expiration of original GMPP policy. Period. How it used to be, anyway.

Since I'm on my second & last GMPP thought I was SOL w/ GMPP.
I've until August to either locate extended coverage, or, get heads rebuilt. ~$3K's the line so if GMEPP's under I'd go with them.

Again if I read this right & GMEPP accepts current GMPP customers it's GREAT news. I'm well under 120K & really would like continuing coverage, all the better if it's from GM. Ken's back in-play.
Thanks for the info.
You understand it as I do. My GMPP expires in April of this year, and I had always contemplated an extension...so now I'm weighing that against a GMEPP.

Get notified of new replies

To warranty

Quick Reply: [Z06] warranty