Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Short 102 runners a succes 639wh

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 07:53 AM
ian08
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BatMobile186
what's interesting to me about this post is that the majority of that power had to come from the manifold.
The throttle body isn't any good for more than just throttle response.I think most people MIGHT see 2WHP.you would think it would be worth more but it isn't.
The intake isn't going to give you any more than maybe a couple WHP as well.Especially if you're already going from the VR. YES!! the cold air you have there outperforms the VR on the dyne but again not more than a couple WHP..
The removal of the cats is worth about 10WHP generally speaking but thats the only mod I'm not 100% on,as i personally speaking did mine together with other mods.
that Leaves the rest of those gains to be attributed to the manifold.
All I know is I REALLY WANT TO TRY THIS..
I'd like to get as much info as possible before I commit.Anything else at all that could of been missed that maybe helped attribute to the power gain???
thats it bud and i agree on the intake stuff i just wanted a full 4" from manifold to filter and at that point the expensive TB was the only thing left to buy lol and i shaved down that nasty little lip on the lower shell that sticks up in the runner other than that i did not touch any other part of the manifold
The following users liked this post:
Quicker (03-25-2016)
Old 03-25-2016, 01:11 PM
Quicker
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ian08
thats it bud and i agree on the intake stuff i just wanted a full 4" from manifold to filter and at that point the expensive TB was the only thing left to buy lol and i shaved down that nasty little lip on the lower shell that sticks up in the runner other than that i did not touch any other part of the manifold
You didn't gasket match the lower shell even? If not, I think there's even more power left on the table between that and porting the runners a bit.

Mike
Old 05-26-2016, 05:10 PM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rio95
I wonder how much the TB helped. I'm thinking bout getting one. You on stock injectors? If so, those suckers must be damn near maxed out.
1.5hp
Old 05-26-2016, 05:11 PM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BatMobile186
what's interesting to me about this post is that the majority of that power had to come from the manifold.
The throttle body isn't any good for more than just throttle response.I think most people MIGHT see 2WHP.you would think it would be worth more but it isn't.
The intake isn't going to give you any more than maybe a couple WHP as well.Especially if you're already going from the VR. YES!! the cold air you have there outperforms the VR on the dyne but again not more than a couple WHP..
The removal of the cats is worth about 10WHP generally speaking but thats the only mod I'm not 100% on,as i personally speaking did mine together with other mods.
that Leaves the rest of those gains to be attributed to the manifold.
All I know is I REALLY WANT TO TRY THIS..
I'd like to get as much info as possible before I commit.Anything else at all that could of been missed that maybe helped attribute to the power gain???
Tb 1.5
Cats 6
Old 05-26-2016, 07:13 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/video-fast...-dyno-testing/
Old 05-26-2016, 09:17 PM
Jake5670
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice!!!
Old 05-26-2016, 10:36 PM
rio95
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Why the heck don't they show a dyno of standard vs mid length??? Who the heck turns 9k??!!
Old 05-27-2016, 12:00 AM
Quicker
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice. I had not seen that one.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:42 PM
HioSSilver
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hitting this thread so i don't lose it. Great info and I'm gonna give this a whirl with a bolt on ls7.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Short 102 runners a succes 639wh