Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] AHP heads/BTR Stage 2=550whp/510wtq

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 12:20 AM
outhouse
Safety Car

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts

Nice results!!! keep the rubber side down!!!!!
Old 12-06-2016, 12:35 AM
cseaman
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rjacobs
No videos, sorry.

Ive been super happy with the car. Drove it all summer and in September dropped it off to have the FAST/NW102/FIC 60lb injectors installed and re-tuned. Car drives even better(original tune wasnt that great), no surge except down around 1200rpm, which is hard to tune out. Hasnt been on the dyno yet as we are still playing with the tune a bit and have a bit more to do(the big throttle body is touchy to changes), but ive been out of town with work for a few months. Car was definitely faster post re-tune and new parts and tuner says you need to pick up ~30whp in order to feel it. So im guessing 580-590 at the wheels and the FAST manifold "in theory" should have shifted the TQ curve left a bit which I was after.

Pre-new parts and re-tune I drove the car from Dallas to St. Louis and back on vacation(~1800 miles give or take) and had zero issues. Car got around 23-24mpg. Needed 5th gear climbing any appreciable hills, but beyond that, cruised in 6th at 80+ no problem.

If I went to a different cam I would probably send flow numbers and other numbers to Brian Tooley or somebody else and get a custom cam matched to my heads and motor to try to coax a little more power out of it, but I would spec something similar to the BTR stage 2, just matched a little better to the characteristics of the heads. If you arent milling or p&p your heads, the BTR stage 2 will work well with your factory heads as I believe thats what the cam is spec'd to.
Thanks for the response. I am indeed using factory heads, nothing but the valve guide fix.

If you ever get bored and feel like making a video, I'd be the happiest dude ever to hear the car at idle and under load. I just bought the car and am doing the build while deployed; won't see the thing till its all done and I'm back in June. Can only find one BTR Stg 2 LS7 vid on youtube.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:41 AM
rjacobs
Melting Slicks

Received 521 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by cseaman
Thanks for the response. I am indeed using factory heads, nothing but the valve guide fix.

If you ever get bored and feel like making a video, I'd be the happiest dude ever to hear the car at idle and under load. I just bought the car and am doing the build while deployed; won't see the thing till its all done and I'm back in June. Can only find one BTR Stg 2 LS7 vid on youtube.
I wont be home until January... so if i remember then ill get something and stick it on youtube.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:20 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

No videos, sorry.

Ive been super happy with the car. Drove it all summer and in September dropped it off to have the FAST/NW102/FIC 60lb injectors installed and re-tuned. Car drives even better(original tune wasnt that great), no surge except down around 1200rpm, which is hard to tune out.
Always great to see a follow up months later!!!

If you do make a video do be sure to post it back to the thread.

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/

Last edited by American Heritage; 12-08-2016 at 04:21 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Duffman692002
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see this thread, I've got the same AHP/BTR setup, still have stock IN/EX manifolds but do have the LG Super RAM CAI and Akrapovic axle back. As with everyone else, I had a fantastic experience with Kohle. Answered all my questions and made pertinent suggestions, would 100% recommend him to others. Got the car back 2 weeks ago and because mine was street tuned I didn't have any 'hard' numbers to go by but the builder suggested it was around the 550-600 mark. I suspect I'm just under your pre-intake/TB numbers since I'm still on the stock manifolds.

For the guy looking for the video, I'll try to get ya one this weekend. Planning on taking a backroad tour with a few friends if the weather holds out.

Last edited by Duffman692002; 12-14-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:07 PM
cseaman
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Duffman692002

For the guy looking for the video, I'll try to get ya one this weekend. Planning on taking a backroad tour with a few friends if the weather holds out.
I'd be more than gracious!! Right now the car is all taken apart at the shop in Kansas City.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:24 AM
rjacobs
Melting Slicks

Glad to see this thread, I've got the same AHP/BTR setup, still have stock IN/EX manifolds but do have the LG Super RAM CAI and Akrapovic axle back. As with everyone else, I had a fantastic experience with Kohle. Answered all my questions and made pertinent suggestions, would 100% recommend him to others. Got the car back 2 weeks ago and because mine was street tuned I didn't have any 'hard' numbers to go by but the builder suggested it was around the 550-600 mark. I suspect I'm just under your pre-intake/TB numbers since I'm still on the stock manifolds.
Without headers and the stock intake manifold/throttle body my guess is you are at like 515whp. Again just a guess. Are your heads milled and P&P'd? If not, you might be under 500whp. No way you are at 550 without headers and definitely no way you are at 600(im not even at 600 and im basically all out with the bolt ons).
Old 12-15-2016, 09:55 PM
Duffman692002
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Without headers and the stock intake manifold/throttle body my guess is you are at like 515whp. Again just a guess. Are your heads milled and P&P'd? If not, you might be under 500whp. No way you are at 550 without headers and definitely no way you are at 600(im not even at 600 and im basically all out with the bolt ons).
Heads milled .30 but not polished, it's AHPs package 4. Your guess is as good as mine till I get it on the dyno lol. It dynoed 445 stock, I know it's not near 600 but it feels a lot stronger than stock.

Originally Posted by cseaman
I'd be more than gracious!! Right now the car is all taken apart at the shop in Kansas City.
No problem.

Last edited by Duffman692002; 12-15-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:23 AM
rio95
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm surprised your injectors were at 92% with that setup. Did you end up getting injectors?

When you said you were running out of air were you guys looking at the map sensor reading? If so, what was the KPA at wot before and after your intake and throttle body change?
Old 12-16-2016, 11:02 AM
rjacobs
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rio95
I'm surprised your injectors were at 92% with that setup. Did you end up getting injectors?

When you said you were running out of air were you guys looking at the map sensor reading? If so, what was the KPA at wot before and after your intake and throttle body change?
yes, I got some 60lb injectors from FIC that were LS2 height, but the proper LS7 plug on them to use with the FAST manifold and LS3 fuel rail. Kinda of an odd ball setup. Only other injectors I saw setup like this were from FAST themselves and they had mixed reviews that were more to the poor side.

A little above 6000rpm the dyno plot leveled off and stayed there until redline. I dont know what the KPA was, but the dyno chart never dropped off. Everybody(2 tuners and a few others) said if it was done making power it would have peaked and dropped off. The chart plus the IDC being 92% showed that the motor had the potential to flow a ton more air and was being restricted. Only 2 places it could have been was the factory 90mm throttle body or the factory intake manifold. Swapping those(and the injectors) yielded at least 30hp, probably more, hasnt been back on the dyno yet as we are still playing with the re-tune and I havent been home in 2 months.

As far as the IDC being 92%, my friend that has a similar setup to me, at the time, didnt have the p&p or milled heads that I did, and he was at 85% IDC I think. So 92% I didnt think was out of line considering I had P&P and milled heads along with everything else. I knew my injectors, throttle body and intake manifold would probably be the limiter in my setup.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:04 AM
rjacobs
Melting Slicks

Heads milled .30 but not polished, it's AHPs package 4. Your guess is as good as mine till I get it on the dyno lol. It dynoed 445 stock, I know it's not near 600 but it feels a lot stronger than stock.
Im guessing 515-535. The factory manifolds flow well, but cats are definitely a restriction.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:27 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Im guessing 515-535. The factory manifolds flow well, but cats are definitely a restriction.
That sounds about right to me as well.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Sean_C
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

very nice looking graph.... torque curve is beautiful and I like how it doesn't just die up top but rather carry over to red line....550+whp and 510+wtq sounds good to me, especially if it drives as nice as everyone says it does.... can't wait to see new numbers with IM/TB.
Old 12-18-2016, 12:19 AM
sprinter
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The stock LS7 manifold flows a lot of air - doubt it was the primary issue. I made 576rwhp with stock manifold and throttle body (WCCH Heads, Cam & headers)
Old 12-19-2016, 04:45 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

We have seen dyno results with our AHP ported heads, stock manifolds (with other supporting mods) put down 575rwhp+. With the correct custom cam the stock exhaust can produce big numbers.
The stock manifolds are actually a really nice design (individual runners) and the way the cat pipe is used a a sort of collector.... Its a well engineered product.

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/

Last edited by American Heritage; 12-19-2016 at 04:45 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] AHP heads/BTR Stage 2=550whp/510wtq