Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] CPR Axle Loops

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 02:47 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Default CPR Axle Loops

Picked up a set of CPR axle loops. Great quick easy upgrade. Makes the car safer, and track legal for faster than 11.5 I believe.

First step was taking them apart, and wheel off the car. Then it is just a matter of two bolts to mount them to the control arm, and 1 bolt to mount the loop. Fit is great, and plenty of clearance everywhere.

2nd one I did without even jacking car up or anything. Just reached under and put it on. Could now do a set in <10 minutes with only a 5/8 and 3/4" set of wrenches.

As someone who has broken an axle and had it flop around taking out wiring, beating the diff up, etc, these are a cheap good upgrade.

Last edited by Unreal; 04-15-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Da Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts

Nice!

Where did yo get them from?
Old 04-15-2016, 03:37 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

CPR.....

That is the brand name, and shop.

Cordes Performance racing.

http://cordesracing.mybigcommerce.co...c6-axle-loops/
Old 04-15-2016, 03:51 PM
NachosZO6
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Gonna get a set installed next week as well. Thanks for the writeup.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:20 PM
edmundu
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Sincerest form of flattery is copying, no?

There isn't much in the way of making these unique really. With theirs being anodized, and sleeves protecting the threads of the bolts, seems to be an improvement upon ECS design...just saying.

I just picked CPR loops as well for the reasons given above.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:19 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

I hope no hard feelings towards me Doug.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:32 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Are you kidding me Doug. I had a bunch of local people ask me to make these years ago and I did. Never advertised them online or anything. Seriously I've had these for almost 3 years now. I don't step on any vendors toes and recently had a customer order parts directly from you as a way to say thanks for sending me people. I gave up my percent margin so you guys made more on the part. Come after me about this crap if you see me making a blower kit, trans/diff brace, etc. Something of serious value. Again when did I ever advertise these on here? If this is bothering you that much to act like this call the shop and talk to me.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:01 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We produced these 9/10 years ago Joe, great minds think a like, but not that a like. They are a coated carbon copy, no one cares to be directly copied, it's a slap in the face. It's not even a huge seller so I also do not see the point in what has transpired, makes no sense to me.

Look at my orders I have yet to ever order a set, no one brought in a set either for me to copy. I made these with nothing to copy.

Slap in the face, how about you saying I must have screwed over a customer. How about on my personal kit you guy's taking 6+ months to ship it to me and did I ever once bitch no. I patiently waited because I always had a great relationship with you. Funny thing is I make C7 headers right here too, but guess what steve at arh is always extremely friendly to me when I call in other orders because he knows I am not trying to capitalize that market and have zero interest in making any other headers. I had a few people ask, I have the means there you go. If me making this product that I have never openly advertised on here really pisses you off that much than I want your first world problems.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Last edited by Cordes Performance Racing; 04-15-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:50 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Maybe it's time for a price war? May the best man win.
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2016, 08:56 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Joe stop, at least man up to it. It is identicle in every way even down to the price to the penny.
Im only upset because im disappointed, we have parts copied all the time, same as ARH, just usually not from people we direct business too.

Play it off as you wish, it's as obvious as the nose on your face.
So hold on your mad about something I make that I don't advertise on here because I know you make one and don't want to step on your toes nationally. No bs that is the truth and what went through my head when I made these years ago. If you only knew how loyal I am to vendors i work with, you wouldn't be acting like a child and posted what you originally did. You're back pedaling now and trying to save face. But the fact remains you said what you did already and can't take that back. All the times I went to bat for you guys when your delays cost me sales, had customers screaming in my ear because of extreme delays in shipping parts mean squat. You lost your temper flat out and said some terrible things about me, I truly cared so much about the ecs brand and was as loyal as they come but I don't let things go when people say I screwed someone over.

Absolutely one of the dumbest Internet discussions I have ever been a part of.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:44 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Somebody needs to win this one.
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2016, 06:17 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Just for clarification, NHRA/IHRA rules require these at 10.99 or quicker. The specs are rather vague, since they only say it has to be a 360 degree loop of minimum 1/4 x 1 material. The rules state that aftermarket axles are also required at 10.99.

I'm aware that Z06 axles have snapped, but I've yet to hear one broken on a LS2/3 A6 car. So even the picky track tech guys don't push that rule. However, a visual item like axle loops can make a difference.

Since I'm all about light weight, I made my own design for about $10, just to ensure they met the rules, but had no excess material.

Get notified of new replies

To CPR Axle Loops

Quick Reply: [Z06] CPR Axle Loops