Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Extended warranty ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 08:40 PM
CreadXS
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Extended warranty ???

The bumper to bumper expires on my 2013 ZO6 this June and the powertrain expires in June of 2018. What options do I have for an extended warranty and what might I expect to pay for it?
Old 04-25-2016, 12:23 AM
SonnyAK
Melting Slicks

Received 676 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by CreadXS
The bumper to bumper expires on my 2013 ZO6 this June and the powertrain expires in June of 2018. What options do I have for an extended warranty and what might I expect to pay for it?
Contact Ken Fitchner here and he can give you a good quote for an extended warranty. My '09 with a GMPP extended warranty will expire this year and I'll be adding one on with him too!
The following users liked this post:
SkyKing421 (05-16-2020)
Old 04-25-2016, 12:52 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,509 Likes on 2,598 Posts

Originally Posted by SonnyAK
Contact Ken Fitchner here and he can give you a good quote for an extended warranty. My '09 with a GMPP extended warranty will expire this year and I'll be adding one on with him too!
see: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-fichtner.html

They are great to deal with and good prices. You need to get the GMEPP before the B to B expires, I belief
Old 04-25-2016, 09:39 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by AzDave47
You need to get the GMEPP before the B to B expires, I belief
Used to be before B2B expired, Dave.
Most CF old timers know GMPP is an Ally product & their policy.
But I'm not sure w/ GMEPP, which is a GM product.

Also GMPP only allowed one renewal, am on my second/last now.
Worth getting clarified & I'm doing it, today.
Requested a GMEPP quote from Ken/Pat, hopefully will learn facts/options + cost before end of day.

On an '08 w/ 49K bet it'll be a pretty penny vs. previous GMPPs.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:18 AM
Wass
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

Price depends on deductible you choose, amount of miles, number of years. Probably should figure on around $1,500-$2,500. I bought it for my 13Z a few months ago from Fichtner.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:01 AM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

Agree about dealing with Ken. Great rates. Picked up a GMEPP 84 month/56k mile warranty last month.

You have to be in factory BtB to buy a GMPP warranty which is backed by Ally. However, you can buy a GMEPP anytime regardless of factory warranty, and it's backed by GM. It covers everythung the GMPP does plus covers ride control and mag ride. Just has to be within 10 model years.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:46 AM
Seven11
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So if i buy a 2008 with like 60k miles can i still get a good warranty?

by any chance would you know what the price will be for that warranty?
Old 04-26-2016, 01:23 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by Seven11
So if i buy a 2008 with like 60k miles can i still get a good warranty? ...by any chance would you know what the price will be for that warranty?
Yes, and GMEPP's arguably the best available I know of.
GMEPP requires 2 main things to qualify.
1) 10 years old or newer.
2) <120,000 miles
You qualify on both counts.

Cost.
Charges are based on several factors, mileage/age dictating actual rate.
Can go 0 or $100 deductible, 0 naturally costs more than $100.
Just bought one, be thinking ~$3 large for 36 month /24, 000 mile coverage for example. Since you're an '07, rates may vary somewhat higher.

Email Pat asking for a quote, include yr/miles & VIN.
He'll respond w/ the two available GMEPP plans: Platinum or Silver.
(Silver met my needs & then some, YMMV)
Peruse the table with time/mile/ded coverage desired -- policy cost is adjacent to these figures.
Choose one to your liking, answer questions on application & email back w/ CC#. Done.
No signing. No pics of odometer, as GMPP used to require.

Pat made this process even more seamless than Ken...which is saying a LOT since Ken was, is and remains 1st Class.
The following users liked this post:
Seven11 (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 01:45 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Abel Chevrolet

May I recommend Abel in Rio Vista, CA.

RichieRichZ06 is a forum member and sponsor along with Abel Chevrolet.

He will match or beat anyone on a GM extended warranty.

He can do the deal on the phone as I did with mine along with other members of our clubs..

Rich W. @ http://www.abelgm.com/
Old 04-26-2016, 05:00 PM
Seven11
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Landru
Yes, and GMEPP's arguably the best available I know of.
GMEPP requires 2 main things to qualify.
1) 10 years old or newer.
2) <120,000 miles
You qualify on both counts.

Cost.
Charges are based on several factors, mileage/age dictating actual rate.
Can go 0 or $100 deductible, 0 naturally costs more than $100.
Just bought one, be thinking ~$3 large for 36 month /24, 000 mile coverage for example. Since you're an '07, rates may vary somewhat higher.

Email Pat asking for a quote, include yr/miles & VIN.
He'll respond w/ the two available GMEPP plans: Platinum or Silver.
(Silver met my needs & then some, YMMV)
Peruse the table with time/mile/ded coverage desired -- policy cost is adjacent to these figures.
Choose one to your liking, answer questions on application & email back w/ CC#. Done.
No signing. No pics of odometer, as GMPP used to require.

Pat made this process even more seamless than Ken...which is saying a LOT since Ken was, is and remains 1st Class.
thanks!

i need to find a z06 first, the head issues are a bit scary, especially if i have to shell out $15k for a new LS7
Old 04-26-2016, 06:07 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

As long as the LS7 is running, getting the heads fixed to OEM spec even with a shop doing all the wrenching, you are looking at about $3K for the heads. A stock fixed Z06 is quite an impressive car. If you insist on doing mods for more power, doing it when the heads get done is the most cost effective time. You could delay the head fix if the car you buy has a quality warranty, either factory, GMPP or other reputable company.

I've had my Z06, (bought used) for over 5 years and put 36K great miles on it. I'm coming up on the end of my GMPP and am taking this opportunity to do full work from air filter to tailpipe including cam as I have a few performance goals that will require the additional power.

If you are using it just as a street car it is all you really need stock, with fixed heads.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:25 PM
BLUEMEANIE
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AzDave47
As long as the LS7 is running, getting the heads fixed to OEM spec even with a shop doing all the wrenching, you are looking at about $3K for the heads. A stock fixed Z06 is quite an impressive car. If you insist on doing mods for more power, doing it when the heads get done is the most cost effective time. You could delay the head fix if the car you buy has a quality warranty, either factory, GMPP or other reputable company.

I've had my Z06, (bought used) for over 5 years and put 36K great miles on it. I'm coming up on the end of my GMPP and am taking this opportunity to do full work from air filter to tailpipe including cam as I have a few performance goals that will require the additional power.

If you are using it just as a street car it is all you really need stock, with fixed heads.
Have gmpp , can I get heads fixed and retain gmpp or extend it? Or will that invalidate everything. Gremlins are showing with the temp head unit blinking the temperature and vertical inside top tearing from normal wear (per others) 2013 '427.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:28 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by CreadXS
As others have said talk to Ken.

I purchased a GMPP for my 08Z from him in 2011. I got the 84 month (7 years) 0 deductible plan from him for $2500 back then. Not sure how it escalated over the years. That $2500 was the best investment I ever made. It paid for some expensive repairs that I would not want to do myself. Seat track, wheel bearings, tie rod ends, seal inside the dry sump tank, two Nav Radios, right side fuel sender, two brand new heads, starter, and some other things. The two Nav Radios would have cost me close to the $2500 just to replace them. It was great when something went wrong no matter how minor to just take it to the dealer and say its broke fix it. The plan even covered my track repairs that came up when wheel bearings and tie rod ends went bad several times more often than the average user would see.

When I traded the car there were still 2 years left on the plan which helped the resale price. Not many 7 year old used cars with 43K miles on them with a full bumper to bumper 0 deductible service plan on them.

Bill
Old 04-26-2016, 07:30 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUEMEANIE
Have gmpp , can I get heads fixed and retain gmpp or extend it? Or will that invalidate everything. Gremlins are showing with the temp head unit blinking the temperature and vertical inside top tearing from normal wear (per others) 2013 '427.
Also curious about this... bumper to bumper ends in June.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:30 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BLUEMEANIE
If you have GMPP and the heads are measured to be out of wear spec., GMPP should cover all the work to be done to replace the heads, although you would be better off just having them cover the cost of new valves/guides etc on your heads. They would not cover the cost of mods, but the warranty will still be valid. If you do mods, that may mean the GMPP would not cover failures that could reasonably be traced to be caused by the mods. Repairing your heads with new guides properly machined should be less costly than a brand new set of heads that may have the same machining problem you are trying to fix even though GM says they do 100% inspection of the new heads since early 2011.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:53 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 188 Posts

Can a shop like AHP or WCCH check for out of spec guides and still be covered under the GMPP or does it have to be from an authorized Chevrolet dealer?

Thanks, Jesse
Old 04-26-2016, 11:46 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SPDKLZ1
Can a shop like AHP or WCCH check for out of spec guides and still be covered under the GMPP or does it have to be from an authorized Chevrolet dealer?

Thanks, Jesse
The place ( Cordes Performance Racing in Mesa, AZ) where I'm having my heads replaced (done by WCCH), cam installed and other extensive work including clutch replacement indicated they frequently work with GMPP for work that would be warranty work, so the answer at least in some cases is that it does not have to be a dealer that does the work covered by GMPP warranty.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:50 PM
CreadXS
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k Cobra
May I recommend Abel in Rio Vista, CA.

RichieRichZ06 is a forum member and sponsor along with Abel Chevrolet.

He will match or beat anyone on a GM extended warranty.

He can do the deal on the phone as I did with mine along with other members of our clubs..

Rich W. @ http://www.abelgm.com/
Rich was about $200 cheaper on a 60month/60k mile than anyone else I called.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:16 PM
C7Me
Burning Brakes

Received 490 Likes on 262 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

I just bought a 14 Z51 and got an extended warranty through Dennis. Very easy and smooth transaction. My car only had 7200 miles on it but the factory warranty was up in 2 weeks so I jumped on a 6 year 48K GMEPP warranty. I never get extended warranties on anything. This is my first any only because the cost was unbelievable it was a no-brainer. Thank you Dennis!

Get notified of new replies

To Extended warranty ???

Quick Reply: [Z06] Extended warranty ???