Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Solid numbers with American Heritage Performance (AHP) heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 04:00 PM
newchevyman
Instructor

Received 155 Likes on 67 Posts

Default Solid numbers with American Heritage Performance (AHP) heads

Hello all,

I have an '07 Z06 that I picked up bone stock on New Year's Eve. Since then I have bought and installed the following mods:

AHP Stage 4 heads- ported & milled .020
2" American Racing Headers/3" Off Road X-pipe
Vararam cold air intake
Tune

Car is all stock otherwise. Myself and a couple buddies installed the parts this past weekend then I had it dyno tuned on Tuesday 4/26. Car made 503/483. I don't know the type of dyno, just wanted to get a baseline before adding more mods. I never dynoed it stock but tuner said stock Zs usually make ~440 rwhp.

Name:  vBU6pmcl.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  30.1 KB

My next mods will be a Mamo ported MSD & NW 102. Then I'll start chipping away aiming for 550 rwhp on stock cam by doing ATI 10%, lightweight clutch/tires/brakes, Meziere EWP, and other little bolt-ons. Car will get a cam eventually but it's plenty fast as is and I like doing things in an unorthodox manner. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by newchevyman; 04-29-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:13 PM
XLR8-R
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice numbers! Kohle did the same work on my heads but not milled. I have run 180 in The TX Mile with the stock cam, now I would like a 10sec time slip. Then cam goes in mine.
AHP has a lot of satisfied customers!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:58 PM
rjacobs
Melting Slicks

Received 521 Likes on 394 Posts

nice numbers.

Let me know when you do your pulley if you want to borrow my install tool. Save you 70 bucks.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:41 PM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

Nice numbers. I have the exact same heads, 1-7/8 Kooks headers, K&N intake, Corsa exhaust. I made 487HP on a mustang dyno.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:28 PM
got2hav1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,041 Likes on 592 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods)

Nice. I have basically the same except Kooks 1-3/4 with cats. 503/475
Old 04-29-2016, 04:09 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Great numbers!!!

It was a pleasure doing business with you.

We are very proud of our reworked heads and even prouder of our hand ported reworked heads.

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
310-325-2399 or HP@americanheritageperformance.com

We look forward to seeing your later updates of this thread!!!

Last edited by American Heritage; 04-29-2016 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:21 AM
Hand Eye 8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have AHP heads. They did a great job.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:02 AM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by newchevyman
Hello all,

I have an '07 Z06 that I picked up bone stock on New Year's Eve. Since then I have bought and installed the following mods:

AHP Stage 4 heads- ported & milled .020
2" American Racing Headers/3" Off Road X-pipe
Vararam cold air intake
Tune

Car is all stock otherwise. Myself and a couple buddies installed the parts this past weekend then I had it dyno tuned on Tuesday 4/26. Car made 503/483. I don't know the type of dyno, just wanted to get a baseline before adding more mods. I never dynoed it stock but tuner said stock Zs usually make ~440 rwhp.

My next mods will be a Mamo ported MSD & NW 102. Then I'll start chipping away aiming for 550 rwhp on stock cam by doing ATI 10%, lightweight clutch/tires/brakes, Meziere EWP, and other little bolt-ons. Car will get a cam eventually but it's plenty fast as is and I like doing things in an unorthodox manner. Thanks for reading.
Even if you only hit 530rwhp, that is still a really good accomplishment on a stock cam. However, I think you might land around 540+ with the EWP included. That alone is worth 10/15 or so.

Good luck! I'm also an unorthodox individual when it comes to this kind of stuff. I did a H/C swap alone but did not wish to spend the extra $2-3K on CAI and headers so I waited. Made around 500/450 heat soaked with WCCH stage II's and a medium sized cam. Turns out my tuner is also unorthodox in that he likes to give his customers a heat soaked dyno number since it is more realistic when driving around on the street. I'm sure in a clean run condition I could have expected 510/460.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:39 PM
newchevyman
Instructor

Received 155 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8-R
Nice numbers! Kohle did the same work on my heads but not milled. I have run 180 in The TX Mile with the stock cam, now I would like a 10sec time slip. Then cam goes in mine.
AHP has a lot of satisfied customers!
Thanks! I plan to do the mile next year. I bet if you only changed the 5th gear to a ZR1 ratio you'd pick up some significant mph.

Originally Posted by rjacobs
nice numbers.

Let me know when you do your pulley if you want to borrow my install tool. Save you 70 bucks.
Sounds good. I'm wondering if we've met before. I go to some of the local meets in north Dallas if you're ever out. PM if you want.

Originally Posted by Must_Have_Z
Nice numbers. I have the exact same heads, 1-7/8 Kooks headers, K&N intake, Corsa exhaust. I made 487HP on a mustang dyno.
Originally Posted by got2hav1
Nice. I have basically the same except Kooks 1-3/4 with cats. 503/475
Both are good numbers, AHP heads seem to make great torque.

Originally Posted by American Heritage
Great numbers!!!

It was a pleasure doing business with you.

We are very proud of our reworked heads and even prouder of our hand ported reworked heads.

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
310-325-2399 or HP@americanheritageperformance.com

We look forward to seeing your later updates of this thread!!!
Thanks for everything Kohle, look forward to communicating in the future!

Originally Posted by Hand Eye 8
I also have AHP heads. They did a great job.
Agreed, I'm certainly happy with mine!

Originally Posted by fueledpassion
Even if you only hit 530rwhp, that is still a really good accomplishment on a stock cam. However, I think you might land around 540+ with the EWP included. That alone is worth 10/15 or so.

Good luck! I'm also an unorthodox individual when it comes to this kind of stuff. I did a H/C swap alone but did not wish to spend the extra $2-3K on CAI and headers so I waited. Made around 500/450 heat soaked with WCCH stage II's and a medium sized cam. Turns out my tuner is also unorthodox in that he likes to give his customers a heat soaked dyno number since it is more realistic when driving around on the street. I'm sure in a clean run condition I could have expected 510/460.
I've seen a handful of guys do heads/cam with stock everything else mostly to address their concern with the heads. These cars seem to make awesome power regardless. It's funny you mention the hood shut, mine has weak hood shocks and slammed shut on the second pull in 2nd or 3rd gear. Think it still made ~498 IIRC.

I'm not a number chaser though. The car could have made 460 but if it runs hard and beats cars with higher numbers than all the better. I do look forward to seeing how much power I can make on stock cam though. As mentioned it's plenty fast as is and my first one or two WOT pulls after tune I hit rev limiter accidentally, first time it's ever happened which is a good problem to have.

Get notified of new replies

To Solid numbers with American Heritage Performance (AHP) heads

Quick Reply: [Z06] Solid numbers with American Heritage Performance (AHP) heads