Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] VERY MILD Mamo Motorsports LS7 package 600 RWHP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 09:21 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy A
You're killing me Tony. Patience isn't my strong suit...
Awesome results
Getting closer!!....LOL

Realistically 1.5 more weeks....pretty close to the initial lead times we discussed. We need to talk about that MSD swap....this thread is another data point that shows that move well worth the price of admission!

Cheers,
Tony
Old 05-24-2016, 10:29 PM
Josh B.
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 400 Posts

Amazing results Tony! That cam must really drive smooth.

I'm very confident that the MMS SR combo coming my way will showcase just how good your top end package is.

Ludicrous speed. Go! Go!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:05 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Great thread Tony. I can't wait to get with you to discuss my upcoming build.

Roger T.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:22 AM
Spartan07
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn Tony, I am already waiting on one of your ported MSD's.. Now that I have read this thread... I made 575/505, ARH 1 7/8 no cats, factory MSD, Texas Speed 265cc heads and an LS7R cam... What do you think you could do for me if I were to send you my TSP heads (dont really feel like buying a whole new set of heads again) for some of your TLC (increase intake and exhaust runner size?) and you spec'n an aggressive custom cam for me? Keep in mind im going for most power out of my NA setup and I dont care if the car bucks or surges as it is not my DD, I want a nasty idle and silly power haha. I don't have a problem returning the ported MSD if you need to port match the hand work either. Let me know what the most logical and cost effective decision is here!

Last edited by Spartan07; 05-25-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:02 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Spartan07
Damn Tony, I am already waiting on one of your ported MSD's.. Now that I have read this thread... I made 575/505, ARH 1 7/8 no cats, factory MSD, Texas Speed 265cc heads and an LS7R cam... What do you think you could do for me if I were to send you my TSP heads (dont really feel like buying a whole new set of heads again) for some of your TLC (increase intake and exhaust runner size?) and you spec'n an aggressive custom cam for me? Keep in mind im going for most power out of my NA setup and I dont care if the car bucks or surges as it is not my DD, I want a nasty idle and silly power haha. I don't have a problem returning the ported MSD if you need to port match the hand work either. Let me know what the most logical and cost effective decision is here!
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way....I have to start with a much smaller port to end up at the specific shapes and contours of the 265 cc port design/configuration I end up with. Doesn't matter if its TSP, Brodix, etc.....you would end up with compromised results and I wouldn't want to even take it on. My advice is to sell your heads and buy my new ones outright and have me set you up with the right (proper) complete package based on your needs and goals and level of aggressiveness you desire. While I could easily say sure....send me your heads for porting....the money you invest in me trying to tune them up would be better invested in the sale of your heads and adding the same (or close) to my heads brand new as an outright purchase....besides the fact financially it makes alot of sense, it makes even more sense from the perspective of results and that's whats driving you do to something in the first place.

Sell your current stuff....lets build a new optimized combo with all the right corresponding gear. What Im trying to convey here and in other MMS LS7 threads is the fact what Im discussing (selling) is more than a really efficient set of heads or a good cam design, or a better mouse trap in regards to rockers arms etc.....Im selling a complete system with everything optimized designed to compliment and work in harmony with one another.....that's why its going to work so well....I'm not leaving to chance anything that can negatively impact the end results.

So many guys are left with middling results (or worse) after spending big money on parts because they dropped the ball on certain items that negatively impacted the entire combination.....if I had a $100 dollar bill for every one I would be set financially and working on a car collection the likes of Jay Leno!

Cheers,
Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com
Old 05-26-2016, 07:40 AM
Z06Samuel
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome setup, great write up!
Old 05-26-2016, 08:04 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

Default I agree with Tony

Having gone down the hodge-podge route, get a complete kit from him and you know you have the most optimized parts for your combo. The other thing is you need to tell Tony your entire combo so he can recommend other parts for you. You don't want to do all this but forget to mention to him you are using a straw as an air intake an wonder why you don't make the power.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:35 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Would there be any benefit to having you perform any additional port work on a set of WCCH Stage 2 heads that were milled .030 ? My engine is coming together now and the builder just got my existing WCCH heads to measure for the proper forged pistons. I have your ported MSD you did for me last year, and I'm bumping the compression up from 11.6 to a full 12.0 and going back to E85 as my primary fuel. I'm using the Katech K501 cam (was using the 110 version).
Old 05-26-2016, 02:28 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

I have a customer coming in with a full heads, cam and intake package for you in about month. Looking forward to seeing what it can do.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:21 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by lt1z
I have a customer coming in with a full heads, cam and intake package for you in about month. Looking forward to seeing what it can do.
Matt....I assume your speaking about Dan's build

Its fairly aggressive....very curious to see the final shape of the power and TQ curve etc. and Im looking forward to the results! I expect the bottom to look a little better than what might normally be expected for the size cam we are running.

Should make really good power.....definitely excited to see what she rolls!

Regards,
Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 05-28-2016 at 05:21 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Jake5670
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thank you Tony for the info!

Quick Reply: [Z06] VERY MILD Mamo Motorsports LS7 package 600 RWHP!!