Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Issue and frustrated with MSD Intake.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_D
Intake volume is not automatically added to each op system, globally. You have to bug HPT support to get it added.

But having said that, after I got it added, and after I changed the volume parameter, I couldn't detect any changes good/bad/different from doing so.
I think it was with the new 3.2. Not 100% sure BTW
Old 07-03-2016, 01:40 PM
jd86L98
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FRiCK916
Looking forward to getting it in my LS7 C5... sounds like I'll be cutting some fiberglass... great
I'm going to be doing the same thing in a couple of weeks, let me know how it goes
Old 07-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Sébast19X
I think it was with the new 3.2. Not 100% sure BTW
I think it depends on the model year.... Who knows. I do know that I didn't have to ask for it when I went to the newer 2010 E38. It was already there when I read the ECM.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,143 Likes on 597 Posts

Again you are wrong here.

Hp tuner support it since a long time now.

Seb
No "Seb" you are wrong.

HPT does not support manifold volume unless you make a special request to their tech support and even then, there is no promise that you'll get it. I never did and I spent two weeks trying, making repeated requests.

I was working with an E38 in a 2012, which I advised HPT Tech Support. They asked for my OS no. I supplied it. They asked for the calibration ID for the the manifold volume parameter. I could not provide that because I did not know what ID was nor could I find the information. I got tired of the hassle with HPT tech support in the issue and finished the cal with EFILive. I was thinking...come on guys, the cal is there, just put access to it in the Editing app!

In my book, all this means that HPT, which otherwise is great software, does not support manifold volume. if EFILive can put it in their editing app and require no special request process, then there's no reason HPT can't do that, too.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Hib Halverson; 07-30-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson
No "Seb" you are wrong.

HPT does not support manifold volume unless you make a special request to their tech support and even then, there is no promise that you'll get it. I never did and I spent two weeks trying, making repeated requests.

I was working with an E28 in a 2012, which I advised HPT Tech Support. They asked for my OS no. I supplied it. They asked for the calibration ID for the the manifold volume parameter. I could not provide that because I did not know what ID was nor could I find the information. I got tired of the hassle with HPT tech support in the issue and finished the cal with EFILive. I was thinking...come on guys, the cal is there, just put access to it in the Editing app!

In my book, all that means HPT, which otherwise is great software, does not support manifold volume. if EFILive can put it in their editing app and require no special request process, then there's no reason HPT can't do that, too.

Let me know what you think.
Hib, I think that like Michael stated previously it was OSspecific maybe ... But like he also stated, the 2010 C6 Z06 OS in the 3.2 version are already there and he didn'T ask to Hp tuner to add it.

Maybe you could download the 3.2 update and give it a try.

Best regards,

Seb
Old 07-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

Hib, I think that like Michael stated previously it was OSspecific maybe ... But like he also stated, the 2010 C6 Z06 OS in the 3.2 version are already there and he didn'T ask to Hp tuner to add it.

Maybe you could download the 3.2 update and give it a try.

Best regards,

Seb
This isn't complex at all - they added it to my 2011 OS with a single email.

I think Hib just happened upon the wrong person, or maybe the issue wss with how the question was worded. They added it for me right after v3.x was released

So, to say it "isn't supported" is an un-true statement.

Now, maybe someone with a LOT of spare time on their hands can log with it set to default and with it set to the larger value, see if there is a detectable difference.

Last edited by Dan_the_C5_Man; 07-03-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Dan_the_C5_Man
Now, maybe someone with a LOT of spare time on their hands can log with it set to default and with it set to the larger value, see if there is a detectable difference.
Already did that, altho it was with the FAST. Nothing, notta, zip, was either felt, or detectable in any logs. But having said that, I am using the HPT custom OS, with real VE tables, and none of the coefficients in play.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Michael_D
Already did that, altho it was with the FAST. Nothing, notta, zip, was either felt, or detectable in any logs. But having said that, I am using the HPT custom OS, with real VE tables, and none of the coefficients in play.
It would only affect transitional fueling anyway, and that delta would be very hard to quantify with the motor in the car.

Have you played with the new VVE setup in v3.x yet? I am about to finalize everything and I plan on using it. I also noticed you can save different versions for flaps open / closed, etc., although that is more of a curiosity.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:36 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

99% sure the VE open and VE closed is doing with intake flaps, not exhaust, and last time I checked, only one of them does anything. Thats how the custom OS has been for the past ~6-7 years.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Yes, I've remote tuned two modified Z06's now using the new VE editor. Works incredibly well. Much easier than the BlueCat tool and way-mo-betta than EFI Live's version. Although, it will not automatically establish the boundaries that the BC tool will do for you. Easy enough to figure out where to set them after a couple runs, so that's not a big deal.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:40 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Unreal
99% sure the VE open and VE closed is doing with intake flaps, not exhaust, and last time I checked, only one of them does anything. Thats how the custom OS has been for the past ~6-7 years.
Some GM truck intake manifolds have this feature from what I gather. I don't know for sure, cause I have not tuned a vehicle with it.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:21 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Never requested or talked to HP, and just checked and 3.2 has manifold volume FYI
Old 07-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Yeah, looked at this again last night, clearly it is for intake manifold feature we don't have. I suppose just keeping all 4 aligned is the safest bet.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

I forget which one it actually uses, I think it is the IMRC closed, but I just copy/paste and make sure they are all the same.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:33 PM
lamboworld
Burning Brakes

Received 144 Likes on 122 Posts

Never requested or talked to HP, and just checked and 3.2 has manifold volume FYI

Should I check with my tuner to make sure that they have this version before they tune my MSD intake.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

I was messing with it early. I doubt it matter, and wouldn't bug the tuner over something like that.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Issue and frustrated with MSD Intake.