Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Powershift vs. Granny-shift

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Go on the website and look at the features man. He's not a vendor here so I can't post a link without violating forum rules.

The spark kill during shifting is adjustable. The 2 step is adjustable. It also has nitrous retard and kill during PSing function. All with the push of a button. You simply can't do the majority of what this box can do with tuning the OEM CPU. The nitrous functions alone make it worth the purchase. FWIW, in my Cobra, I was consistently 3-4 tenths faster at the track. Once you set the 2-step to the track conditions, you can nail your launch every time...then bang the gears on home.

EDIT: And you're right...slicks make ALL the difference. And 315 Hoosiers? The stock tire is a 325. You can get 345's on the stock wheel. Why so small?
Width has very little to do with track. A 275 MT pro will out hook a 345, and run faster. Don't get caught up on width. Narrowest tire that hooks will be fastest.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:09 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Width has very little to do with track. A 275 MT pro will out hook a 345, and run faster. Don't get caught up on width. Narrowest tire that hooks will be fastest.
Fact. I was just curious about the narrower than factory choice.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Powershift vs. Granny-shift