Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What does the factory shifter lever look like?

Old 09-07-2016, 10:59 AM
scubastevedds
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does the factory shifter lever look like?

I found pics showing c6 shifters black, is it the same for the z? I was in the car this morning and noticed my shifter arm is silver when I was messing with the boot and it made me wonder if my car already has an aftermarket shifter. The car has a couple of solid mods from the previous owner so it wouldn't shock me. Looking at pics of aftermarket shifters, I think it might be b&m but not certain. I'm going to try and take photos when it stops raining.

Last edited by scubastevedds; 09-07-2016 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:57 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

C6 and Z have the same shifter. Post a pic of yours when you get a chance.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:57 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by scubastevedds
I found pics showing c6 shifters black, is it the same for the z? I was in the car this morning and noticed my shifter arm is silver when I was messing with the boot and it made me wonder if my car already has an aftermarket shifter. The car has a couple of solid mods from the previous owner so it wouldn't shock me. Looking at pics of aftermarket shifters, I think it might be b&m but not certain. I'm going to try and take photos when it stops raining.
Here is a factory C6Z shifter assembly ('06-'09):

Here its again for the base C6 as well as C6Z ('10-'13 models)...the difference being GM moved to the base C6 shifter assembly in Z06's in later years because it has rubber insulated bushings (as opposed to the solid brass pictured above) on the housing to reduce vibration/ratting complaints:

Here is the B&M for the C6/Z06/ZR1:

Here is the B&M for the C5, but could absolutely be installed on a C6 without issue:

Hope this helps...

Last edited by MTPZ06; 09-22-2016 at 09:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (09-23-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To What does the factory shifter lever look like?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] What does the factory shifter lever look like?