Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Need Help! Z06 wouldnt go into reverse, now wont go in any gear?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:39 PM
xkrueger1x
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help! Z06 wouldnt go into reverse, now wont go in any gear?!

Hey guys, so I took my car out today all was well and after a few hours i noticed it to be a little harder to get into gear than usual. (Mind you ive been doing alot of low speed driving so car was very hot) I get to my destination and car wont go into reverse, i try and try but nothing try to go into first and same thing. Park it for maybe 5 minutes if that get back in goes into first but reverse still nothing. Drive it another 15 minutes or so still at low speeds get where I was going and let it sit for about 25 minutes all gears work fine when I get back in but reverse just will not allow me to go in. The car will let me shift into the reverse gear when its off but as soon as its on it will not go in. Get the car home park it for a bit Go back out start the car in reverse back up and it feels almost as tho the clutch is slipping, try to put it i first and i have to push as hard as i can then it went it, NOW with the clutch all the way depressed the car is rolling in gear, same goes for all the gears. Im literally at a loss for words. Could my clutch of gone without a noise or did i boil the fluid to the point where it just doesnt work anymore. I hope this made at least some kind of sense.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:48 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

sounds more like the shift-linkage...
Old 09-15-2016, 08:01 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

If you are still in gear moving with clutch all the way to floor it could be a couple of things: 1) clutch has an issue; 2) your master cylinder or slave are gone; 3) Some how you may have a fluid leak and air got in system. As far as dirty or water in fluid could be but if it does this on a cold start then that is not issue as the water in fluid has not had time to heat up and boil into steam.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:45 AM
xkrueger1x
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by double06
If you are still in gear moving with clutch all the way to floor it could be a couple of things: 1) clutch has an issue; 2) your master cylinder or slave are gone; 3) Some how you may have a fluid leak and air got in system. As far as dirty or water in fluid could be but if it does this on a cold start then that is not issue as the water in fluid has not had time to heat up and boil into steam.
How would I determine if it's either the master or slave?
Old 09-15-2016, 11:05 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

First try bleeding the system and change the fluid you may have air in it. Also lets assume there is no fluid under the car so no leaks. If there is fluid then look where it is coming from. I would do the master first as it is easier to fix. BTW GM has a new one out there it is all black not the yellow/white plastic. The new one has better internals and apparently helps with the old stuck on the floor clutch pedal syndrome. Maybe a trans guy can chime in here. If that does not fix it then it is the slave cylinder and possibly clutch then you need to take apart.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help! Z06 wouldnt go into reverse, now wont go in any gear?!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Need Help! Z06 wouldnt go into reverse, now wont go in any gear?!