Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] axleback exhaust for Z06-why so expensive?

Old 09-23-2016, 05:12 PM
furiousox
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I want an exhaust that doesn't drone so it's either Corsa Sport or B&B Fusion for my c6z

The prices for these systems brand new are ridiculous, though it's not too bad compared to some exhaust systems for BMW / Porsches etc.

Gotta pay to play. I don't want to pay that much so I am patiently waiting for a set of used exhaust to show up.

If anybody selling these exhausts can get away with how much they charge, of course they would keep charging the same price. Wouldn't you?
Old 09-23-2016, 07:19 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

No need to pay full price. It may take a few months, but you can save hundreds by being patient and waiting for your exhaust to be posted in the parts for sale section.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:22 PM
InfernoZ
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by encasedmetal
Can anyone explain why axleback exhausts for the Z06 are so damn expensive? I know the corvette tax exists but it's a little ridiculous to ask 1800 bux for a couple mufflers and 3 feet of pipe imo. You'd think with the stock mufflers being halfway adequate with a m2w switch that vendors would complete harder for our business. end morning rant

I have a like new system for sale, you can check out the link below.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1593241484

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] axleback exhaust for Z06-why so expensive?