Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM痴 Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 engine build from redline motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 01:52 PM
Radical05
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Z06 engine build from redline motorsports

Z06 Redline Motorsport Build
I知 posting my build which I知 extremely happy with and all that went in to it from Redline Motorsports restoring the cars heartbeat . The car was dropped off via car carrier there because the engine had catastrophic internal failure from a different shop痴 questionable work where all my troubles began with a damaged crank and 2 pistons.

I think the only thing left on the engine that is GM is the oil pump and rocker arms/covers, and the Block that was sent to the machine shop along with the heads getting them right / B&B壇,. The engine was removed, totally disassembled and every inch of it gone over and repaired, but I think mostly replaced would be more accurate. I went with basically a balanced Manley Forged rotating assy, crank too at 11.5:1 compression, custom grind camshaft from Redline Motorsports, Trick Flow Heads, Kooks Headers, MSD Intake Manifold, New oil pump and cooler, New Clutch, Flywheel etc. lubricated with Gibbs Driven Synthetic Oil.

The whole rebuilt engine assy was re-installed, tuned and tested and wow what a difference in the repair / quality. The engine purrs smooth as can be up front and head to the rear and one angry beast. She places down a respectable 579 rwhp all NA from the rebuilt 427 and the pulls 1-4th gear are freaking awesome. At 1500 rpm in 6th gear on the highway it nice and smooth. Looking in the engine compartment you would never know it had been removed and I知 particular about things so yes they passed the test. When she was backed out of the trailer at my cul-de-sac all the neighbors were out there drooling and I would be too but I already did that when I visited Redline Motorsports shop before the car was done. By the way that tour of the shop tells you how they operate (I was there 2 hours) and a good bunch of people there as well.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:57 PM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Old 01-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Radical05
Drifting

Just logged 1000 miles on the build and still a beast. I also finally installed the 2011 Nav Unit I got from Ray Kawal in here and followed his instructions and wala done and zero issues. Now I can plug in the thumb drive with 300 songs on it and no issues with the CD Player reading the burned CD like before.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:28 AM
*El Ocho*
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

cool. Just to be sure, this is Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach?

I ask, because that's where I'm thinking of taking mine to get the heads done & add a cam.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Radical05
Drifting

Originally Posted by *El Ocho*
cool. Just to be sure, this is Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach?

I ask, because that's where I'm thinking of taking mine to get the heads done & add a cam.
Yes it is. Howard Tanner is the owner and Scott deals with us. Nice shop and great work. Check out my post in feedback where HP Sales ruined my motor and had Redline build me a new one. Mine lays down 574rwhp now and nice thump on the level 2 custom cam they installed.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:44 AM
*El Ocho*
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

cool, thanks. I should be calling them in a few weeks. Just need to recoup some funds from the holidays, haha.

Glad things worked out for you with them.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:16 PM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

That other shop is notorious. Many with the same story. The team at Redline is awesome. I was turned onto them a couple of years ago and had a lot of work done there. The whole crew is great. They are on top of their game and I would say the best around.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 engine build from redline motorsports

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 engine build from redline motorsports