Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] PLEASE HELP!! 2007 Z06 keeps blowing radio fuse

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Transam461
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!! 2007 Z06 keeps blowing radio fuse

Hi, I am new to the forum, and we have a 2007 Z06 that keeps blowing the radio fuse, it does it immediately, as soon as you plug the fuse in, It is the 15 Amp, RDO/S-Band/Vic's fuse, in the passenger side floor board. Can someone help me out with a possible solution to fix this? I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Brian
Old 01-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Turbokraft
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The fuse in question powers 2 items, the radio and the digital radio receiver if your car is equipped with a digital radio. Non digital radio models use a traffic information receiver instead of digital receiver. The DR is located behind the driver seat inside the cabin just forward of the rear wheel. The TIR is located in front of the passenger rear wheel. I would disconnect these items first to see if the fuse continues to blow, then the radio. If the fuse continues to blow then there is a short to ground on the red/white that the fuse powers.
The following 2 users liked this post by Turbokraft:
Landru (01-08-2017), Transam461 (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 03:29 PM
Transam461
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, thanks for the response turbokraft, this car doesn't have the NAV, but it does have the Bose system, with the normal 6 CD changer I believe. Anyway, we found a XM Reciever in the drivers side hatch area, just above the rear wheel, I pulled it out of there, and unplugged it, and it DID NOT blow the fuse, so to double check, we plugged it back in, and Still DID NOT blow the fuse anymore. I dont understand what we did to fix it, but we can't get it to blow a fuse now, atleast so far. We have checked the harness for bare wires, everything looks good. That has us stumped, because all we did was remove, and unplug it, plug it back in, and it has cured itself..... the radio comes on and works, but just the front speakers, and they don't have much volume at all, even with the volume maxed. The rear speakers doesn't work, because we found them unplugged, and they are aftermarket Kicker speakers, so no way of hooking them up to the factory harness, because they just have flat blade terminals on each side, like an old 6x9 speaker does. We did test the oem speaker wire harness, and grounded our test light at the battery, it shows that both terminals in the factory plug has power, but you can tell it "dim", like they don't have full 12 volt power. It could have something wrong with the factory Bose amplifier I guess, because I would think it should have way more volume, even through the working front speakers.... is there anyway of checking for a bad Bose Amp?

What do you think?
Old 01-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Turbokraft
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You would be surprised what disconnecting and reconnecting will do some times in a modern auto. For giggles google "automotive cold reboot". I have nothing to offer for amp testing, sorry.

Get notified of new replies

To PLEASE HELP!! 2007 Z06 keeps blowing radio fuse

Quick Reply: [Z06] PLEASE HELP!! 2007 Z06 keeps blowing radio fuse