Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Seeking Tips/Tricks for bellhousing bolts

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:30 PM
outhouse
Safety Car

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Don't pay labor. .

That's what saved me the most money, its nice to use that dusty snap on box again I used to live out of
Old 01-23-2017, 08:29 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

hey fellas, have a little update on the install from this past weekend. over here in the midwest we had some 50-60 deg weather which is very rare in jan for us, so i took advantage.

along with the help of a good buddy of mine, we got the clutch in, torque tube and trans/diff/rear cradle back in, as well as headers tunnel plate and some stuff in the engine bay

what i DID learn about this process is that the alignment tools are not precise enough for the actual input shaft from the torque tube. mcleod sent a tool to me that was "close" but after a lot on time spent fighting aligning it, we decided to remove the bellhousing again and use the actual input shaft to align the clutch. once we did that it did what others say "SLID RIGHT IN". so we wasted about 4 hrs trying to it before starting from scratch again.
this was accomplished by consulting some friends,corvette forum and jeremy @ RPM (long time buddy of mine)

you can also see that it is possible to remove and re install the throw out bearing without compromising the hydraulic line, since i hate bleeding clutches, i decided to do it this way, with out removing the line. once clutch was in, i went and tested, and the clutch still feels like normal.

here are a couple pics
Attached Images       

Last edited by ~STOLEN~; 01-23-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Never had issues with alignment tool. Maybe yours is just off a bit.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:15 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Must be Huh

Seems par for the course for me
Old 01-23-2017, 09:46 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Wow!!! Kudos to you for doing this, lying on the floor. I would not attempt to do this, and I have a lift...lol. I'll take mine to a shop and pay to have it done.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:36 AM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LMB-Z
Wow!!! Kudos to you for doing this, lying on the floor. I would not attempt to do this, and I have a lift...lol. I'll take mine to a shop and pay to have it done.

Thanks man.

I do think this is my last drive train r&r because it's just too much and it requires help from a buddy. Rpm transmissions is only like 45 min from me and they charge 600 bucks if I'm not mistaken to r&r for clutch . I was still too stubborn to pay so next time I'll absolutely take it up there drop it off and not second guess the cost.

C5z---complete
C6z---complete and that's where I stop lol

Quick Reply: [Z06] Seeking Tips/Tricks for bellhousing bolts