Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Guys with aftermarket Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Durien512
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks all for the replies... I went slightly against the grain and ended up getting the borla. I get the drone issue, but Im not sure that it would bother me too much. The car is driven here and there on a nice day for maybe 20 miles.....

I had an LS1 with LT Headers, Big Cam, and a bunch of other mods I don't think I want any of this for the Z...
Old 02-25-2017, 10:53 AM
jussomeguy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like to hear your what you think after the install. Kind of leaning the same way....
Old 02-25-2017, 11:24 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,509 Likes on 2,598 Posts

Originally Posted by Durien512
Thanks all for the replies... I went slightly against the grain and ended up getting the borla. I get the drone issue, but Im not sure that it would bother me too much. The car is driven here and there on a nice day for maybe 20 miles.....

I had an LS1 with LT Headers, Big Cam, and a bunch of other mods I don't think I want any of this for the Z...
If you only drive occasionally for 20 miles a day then just about any exhaust should work OK. It is easy for me to drive around the bad drone in the Fusion IIIs with the valves open in town or short country drives, just keep the RPM in a gear above 1800 RPM and I do keep them open for most local driving. I get many favorable comments, never got that with the OEM system.

I drive my HCIE Z06 on 100 to 400 mile OW trips several times a year with interstate cruising. In 6th with the valves closed at 60 MPH the mild drone is there, unlike the stock system, but it is not a problem for me on the long trips. No drone closed at 80 MPH and above and almost none at 75 in 6th.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Guys with aftermarket Mufflers