Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Are the c6's body not waterproof at all?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:00 PM
nick14003
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Are the c6's body not waterproof at all?!?

So i accidentally went through 8 inches of water with this storm in Los Angeles... vararam air intake = hydrolocked... anyway I fixed that issue..

but what i noticed was I think some water got into the car, near the passenger side feet, which made me panic because there is a fuse box there...

Is the main body not waterproof at all? I thought it have some sort of protection, like at least 1 foot or a bit more? and if it didn't, why is the fuse box the first thing on the bottom without even a cover?!

anyway, any ideas how to dry my carpet as well?
Old 02-20-2017, 09:15 PM
Flyr282
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

get a shop vac and suck as much out as you can. Or take the carpet out. Also leave it all open with fans blowing on it.

As for water proofing it depends on how well the floors are sealed. They are just carbon fiber and balsa wood if I remember right. Also depends how tight the firewall pass throughs are.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:05 AM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, only Z06's and ZR1's have carbon fiber and balsa wood in them. On the Z06, the front fenders are carbon fiber. Floors have balsa wood in them. The ZR1 has more carbon fiber parts including the hood.

My guess is water was deep enough to come in under the doors. Not sure there is a way to get in through the firewall or underneath the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Are the c6's body not waterproof at all?!?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Are the c6's body not waterproof at all?!?