Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Door to fender gaps

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 12:38 AM
Chiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door to fender gaps

Hello corvetteworld, I am here today because I noticed the gap between the door and fender seem to be different between the driver door and passenger door, the driver door seems to be about 1/4 in all the way down but the passenger door seems to be 1/4 on top but closer to the rocker panel it seems to narrow down to about .133 thousands or 1/8 of a inch, idk why , the door doesn't rub but just noticed this when I was washing the car the other day, any input on this would be great or comparison to any of yu guys with c6 z06 s would be nice, mine is a 06 model , thanks and have a good one!
Old 02-22-2017, 01:38 AM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Original owner? Collision repair maybe? Could just be poor fit and finish on GM's part. You could always take it to a collision repair place to see if they can align the panels better.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:05 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,924 Likes on 5,330 Posts

Plastic panels aren't as dimensionally stable as metal when being manufactured so there can be some variation. How do the rest of the lines look?

Bill
Old 02-22-2017, 09:34 AM
Chiff
Instructor

The ret of the lines look good , from hood to fender look good, just the passenger door seems to narrow down a little bit then again back to .233 in or so when it meeets the rocker panel, it's like if the door was to be sagging a little bit , I noticed the door goes past the rocker panel on both driver side and passenger sides only a little bit , but passenger side is a little more notisable, no repairs done either , thanks for the replies
Old 02-22-2017, 09:35 AM
Chiff
Instructor

I wiggled the door to ce f ur has any play and no it Dosent , wonder how many more are like this,

Get notified of new replies

To Door to fender gaps

Quick Reply: [Z06] Door to fender gaps